Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pongier
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview License that was assign to Name and Document disappear every 3 hours

I was assigned license both NameCals and DocumentCals, every thing work normally for long time ago. (Many years), But Yesterday we observed that all license above that we assigned was disappear, we re-assign license again then it work normally,

But every 3-4 hours ago, the problem happen again an again. How I can check or troubleshoot the cause for this problem. Please kindly help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@pongier 

I missed the link to the discussion. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Assigned-Cals-are-getting-deleted-on-the-qlikv...

I can't promise that the issue is solved by upgrade since we don't know if it is environmental or in the product.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@pongier 

We have had some issues with this happening in earlier versions. The CAL assignment was blank after restart of server.

I am guessing you are on an older version since this has been running for years.

There is a good discussion about this here.

Since this started to happen very sudden and is regular, you should check if there have been any "IT" upgrades or changes. I would look at antivirus to make sure that all Qlik Files are still intact.

pongier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much for your response, Is after upgrade to new version this problem will be solved? I will discuss with IT department for this recommendation. Thank you very much again.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@pongier 

I missed the link to the discussion. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Assigned-Cals-are-getting-deleted-on-the-qlikv...

I can't promise that the issue is solved by upgrade since we don't know if it is environmental or in the product.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @pongier,

In addition to @Maria_Halley's excellent advice, you may want to check to ensure that the correct anti-virus exclusions are in place. The user licenses are stored in the CalData.pgo file and if the QVS.exe cannot communicate with the CalData.pgo file, then licenses are lost. Refer to the Qlik Support article QlikView Folders and Files to Exclude from Anti-virus Scanning.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
pongier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Regarding @Maria_Halley we found the cause, and from your post we check more, the cause from AV/EDR engine have false positive about that,

@Maria_Halley @Chip_Matejowsky Thank you very much for your best helpful.