Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview QMC job showing Warning in Task History tab

Hi All,

Greetings!!

There is a job in QlikView QMC showing as Warning in Task History tab and when I check the log file stating below message:

Warning: Note! This file has previously been created by this task and will be overwritten. Modify your filename template in order to fix this. Overwrite count=1.

Note: there is no Section access in the application.

Thanks in advance!

RickyK

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have seen in the past that if you don't do the document renaming correctly with the loop & distribution, the same name is used and you are overwriting the document with each loop.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you look at the below I am using the Actor field to append the names that are in the Act field to the documentName (in green at bottom). This will create a copy of the document for each name.

Bill_Britt_0-1671194456159.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Does this happen to all reloads are just this one?

Does it happen every reload?

Does this task have loop and reduce?

RickyK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Bill,

Please find response below:

Does this happen to all reloads are just this one? -> this one only

Does it happen every reload? -> Yes

Does this task have loop and reduce? -> Yes

RickyK

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @RickyK,

Open the QVW file associated with the task in QlikView Desktop and check Settings > Document Properties > General tab to see if the Timestamp in Logfile Name checkbox is ticked. If not, tick the checkbox, save the QVW file and then test by reloading in QMC again.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have seen in the past that if you don't do the document renaming correctly with the loop & distribution, the same name is used and you are overwriting the document with each loop.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @RickyK,

Can you please provide an update?

Best Regards 

RickyK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Matejowsky,

Thanks for your response!

I have tried this Timestamp option but still can see the warning over task.

This is something we need to set in loop & distribution section.but not sure how it goes.

checking with platform team.

Will keep you posted on the status. Tq!

regards,

RickyK

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@RickyK,

Thanks for the response. Based on your answer, I believe @Bill_Britt's post from 12/6 is correct and should help you.

Best Regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you look at the below I am using the Actor field to append the names that are in the Act field to the documentName (in green at bottom). This will create a copy of the document for each name.

Bill_Britt_0-1671194456159.png