Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbalatbat
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview QMC notification did not work

Good day,

We have set up a  QMC failed reload email notification but on a particular week starting from Nov 25 to 27, it did not work.

May request assistance on how can we determine the Qlikview QMC why did the reload failed notification did not work.

Regards,

Raf

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Sorry, I should have included this in my previous post The task log doesn't get copied if the task fail. see

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-12-Task-Log-files-are-copied-at-the-successful-end-...

You will have to ask you IT if they have logs from the e-mail server. I don't think this is a QlikView issue, since it started to work again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@rbalatbat

I would start with the e-mail server. Does the logs there show that there have been any requests that was denied?

Did the notification e-mail start working "by itself" again? Did you restart the QlikView Server?

You should also take a look in the Task logs for the failed tasks. If there is a error message there it might point in the right direction. 

rbalatbat
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Maria,

I would start with the e-mail server. Does the logs there show that there have been any requests that was denied?

<< what particular log do I need to look?

Did the notification e-mail start working "by itself" again? Did you restart the QlikView Server?

<< e-mail start working "by itself" again. We did not restart the QlikView Server

You should also take a look in the Task logs for the failed tasks. If there is a error message there it might point in the right direction. 

<< I notice there is a QV reload failed task from the logs. But I am not able to find the logs that keeps failed email notification task?

Regards,

Raf

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Sorry, I should have included this in my previous post The task log doesn't get copied if the task fail. see

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-12-Task-Log-files-are-copied-at-the-successful-end-...

You will have to ask you IT if they have logs from the e-mail server. I don't think this is a QlikView issue, since it started to work again.