Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binhnguyenphan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview open through IE issue

Hi all, 
I'm not sure that I have put my issue in the right group, so please forgive me if It's not.
I'm now facing an issue that prevents me from opening a Qlikview shortcut, which only has a popup window, It says: " Unable to open this Internet Shortcut. The protocol " qvp" does not have a registered program..." 
I've searched a lot on the internet to find the way that I could register the qvp protocol but I have not. So, I'm asking for your help, please tell me what to do. Thank you a lot. 

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @binhnguyenphan,

QVP is the proprietary protocol that QlikView Server uses for connections to the QlikView AccessPoint form QlikView Desktop client or the QlikView Plugin client. What application is the shortcut calling? QV Desktop? A web browser ? Which browser? Has this issue always occurred or was it working successfully and suddenly stopped? If suddenly stopped what changes to QlikView Server or the Windows server running QlikView have occurred?

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
binhnguyenphan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Chip_Maejowsky, have a good day. Appreciate your reply. In my company, we're using Internet Explorer to open the QV report with the Qlikview plugin installed. While I was waiting for help, I tried to diagnose what happened and saw that whether the computer had been updated to the Microsoft .Net Runtime version 6.0.32 this issue will be occurred. Any computer using early version will work normally. I'm not sure about it, but hope this clue will help.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @binhnguyenphan,

So your shortcut is an Internet Explorer bookmark? Based on the error message it sounds like the QlikView Plugin isn’t installed.

What is the build version of the QlikView Server? If you aren’t sure, open the QlikView Management Console > System > About and the version will be listed (e.g. 12.80.20200)

What is the build version of the Plugin client? If you aren’t sure, open the Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Software and locate QlikView Plugin and note the version.

Best Regards

binhnguyenphan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Chip_Matejowsky,
First of all, I tried to re-install the Qlikview Plugin several times but it doesn't work. 

- This is the shortcut to open Internet Explore with a URL like "qvp://qv.corp.deltagalil.com/QVreports/Operational_Reports/PlanSeamFreeVietnam_New.qvw"

- My Qvlik View Personal Edition version is 12.90.20000.0

- My Qvlik View Plugin version is 12.90.20000.0

Let me know if you need any.

Thank you.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @binhnguyenphan,

Thanks for providing the build versions of the QV Plugin and QV Desktop. I had asked for the build version of QV Server, so please do share that since QV Server is what serves the AccessPoint.

Instead of using the browser bookmark/shortcut, can you open browser, navigate to the AccessPoint and open the app? If not, provide a screenshot of the error.

Please confirm if you are using Internet Explorer or Edge Browser. Microsoft stopped supporting IE quite a while back, so it is no longer a supported browser for use with QlikView. If you are using Edge, you have to run it in IE mode - Run Microsoft Edge in IE mode to be able to use Plugin.

Best Regards 

binhnguyenphan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky,
I know, I'm still using QV Desktop for now. But It's not for me, I'm asking the question for those people who were using the browser and want to know the way We can fix it. 

I tried to open it from IE mode but the browser can not recognize the qvp protocol and it will redirect to the search page for searching the link like we just put a text to query.
I'm now using Microsoft Edge, but like I said before In my company still has some computers that use Microsoft Edge to open the QlikView through the browser shortcut normally. 

I just want to know the answer, and which thing causing the problem so we can find the way to prevent it in the future. Btw I can use QV Desktop instead, so appreciate your time thank you.

marcus_sommer

Did you really trying to open an app with Edge in IE mode per the access point? If yes, is it same behaviour as using a bookmark?

Beside of this the opening of a search hints for unsuitable configurations, like using the protected mode or any smart filtering and so on. Further the access might be restricted by any network settings in your company in regard to proxies, firewall + group policies and similar stuff.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @binhnguyenphan,

I’m trying to get enough information from you in order to offer an informed answer to the root cause. I suspect a misconfiguration between QV server and the Plugin, but you haven’t yet provided the build version of QV server. Please open the QV server QMC > System > About to identify the build version and update this thread. You are also welcome to open a support case as long as your license is valid.

Best Regards