Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove Single User Data who opened the app

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in I have to remove the single row data , I know I can get the username by QV.OSuser to get the username and neglect him in all the expressions and Dimensions and come up with.

Issue here is my app is all ready, This is a requirement that just came, I just wanted to know where I can make single change such that it reflects in all tab and charts.

PS: I DON't WANT to RELOAD the app,but just to exclude the data of the user who opens it.

Example :

If jane uses the app I don't want him to see Jane data alone, but he can see all the persons data.Basically I am working for rating data so I basically I don't want any one to see their own data before it is officially announce. I know still he can asks someone to open it but still 🙂 that's the requirement is

Kalyan Sundaram Jagan Mohan QlikView Section Access Examples

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Have a look at osuser() function.

Regards

ASHFAQ

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Deepak,

You can implement it in a single shot, you have to change all your expressions in your Dashboard.  Create one variable like below

vUserName = OSUser()

Now in your set analysis try like this

=Sum({<User-={'$(=vUserName)'}>} MeasureName)

I think it is not possible with section access also.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for your reply Jagan Mohan . But as I mentioned I can do this by editing in all expressions and dimensions. But anyways Thanks a lot for your answer. Looking forward for your helps.

Loophole in this way is user can still search but yeah I can exclude searches from this field ,Thanks once again.

Not applicable
Author

As I have mentioned I am aware of this. Thanks for your reply anyways.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Even user search his name but the expression excludes his data so no issues.  He can just select his name that's it.

Regards,

Jagan.