Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harika181
Contributor III
Contributor III

Restarting services using powershell script in Qlikview server

Hello,

I want to write a script to manually restart services when a service is failed in qlikview server.

For initial development I have first written the command in Powershell

Get-Service -Name "Qlik*" - To get all services related to Qlikview

Next I have manually stopped a service Qlikview Management Service and tried to restart it using command

Restart-Service -Name QlikviewManagementService ,but its throwing me an error

Can someone help me on this?

harika181_0-1645527918827.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Hi harika181, please look at the following script example in the kb article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-restart-Central-and-Rim-node-of-Sense-with-Powershell...

This example is for QlikSense but should help you with the creation of the powershell script for QlikView

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Hi harika181, please look at the following script example in the kb article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-restart-Central-and-Rim-node-of-Sense-with-Powershell...

This example is for QlikSense but should help you with the creation of the powershell script for QlikView

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Claude1
Contributor III
Contributor III

@eTenet wrote:

Hello,

I want to write a script to manually restart services when a service is failed in qlikview server.

For initial development I have first written the command in Powershell

Get-Service -Name "Qlik*" - To get all services related to Qlikview

Next I have manually stopped a service Qlikview Management Service and tried to restart it using command

Restart-Service -Name QlikviewManagementService ,but its throwing me an error

Can someone help me on this?

harika181_0-1645527918827.png

i had a look at my script and it need some minor adjustments basically making sure the QlikSenseServiceDispatcher Service is the first on RimNode and 2nd on Central node to start.

The pause line was just to give you the time to manually push the updates.

You can simply comment it out with a HashTag (#) in front. If you wanted to fully automate the process you want to break down the script in two parts, a stop script and a start script.

I updated the attachment with the three versions mentioned, manual, start, stop.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@harika181

I tested here and it works for me.  Can you copy and paste the error message, it is a bit hard to read

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Or try this

Get-Service -Name Qlikview* | % {Restart-Service -Name $_.Name -Verbose -Force}

harika181
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Claude,

I did not receive any attachment, can you send it again

harika181
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Maria,

We are getting following error: Whenever we are trying to restart any service ,we are getting an error service cannot be stopped due to the following error: Cannot open Qlik****service service on computer '.'

harika181
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

harika181_1-1647339602842.png

Hello Maria,

I have tried the above command and its throwing an error.

No luck!!

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@harika181

Is the user you are user admin on the server? Can you start and stop manually with the same user? 

Can you try starting and stopping another service?