Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveenchellaara
Contributor III
Contributor III

SSO in Qlikview

Hi

I am integrating an ASP.Net Website(I am not sure what it is actually called. The Website will have its own login page and Active Directory and authenticates the users) and Qlikview Accesspoint. (When the user clicks the URL in one ASP.Net page, the user will be redirected to the report in QV Accesspoint.) 

I am now facing the Double hop issue. ( the user is prompted to enter the username and password each time he traverses between the website and the report).

I need to avoid the Double hop issue.

Here is my question, can 'Custom Users' approach be used to implement SSO? 

Thanks and Regards

Naveenchellaaraam.D

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Naveen, the best way to avoid the double hop issue is to install the qlikview accesspoint in the same IIS as the ASP.NET website.

That would be the best choice using AD as authentication but if you want to use webtickets (in QV11) here's a document a sample files, you can also find them in the SDK online here somewhere or in the QVS install package.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You need the ticket to access qlik document, look at API documentation to realize the service.

naveenchellaara
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks.. but i am not able to find the API documentation. C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation\APIguide.qvw is the path given in the discussions. But i am not able to find it. There is no folder called documentation in my Qlikview installation. 

Not applicable

Hi Naveen,

Have you implimented Section Access in Document/Application/Report?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Naveen, the best way to avoid the double hop issue is to install the qlikview accesspoint in the same IIS as the ASP.NET website.

That would be the best choice using AD as authentication but if you want to use webtickets (in QV11) here's a document a sample files, you can also find them in the SDK online here somewhere or in the QVS install package.

dde
Employee
Employee

A custom authentication approach as mentioned by Daniel is one way.

Another would be to use Kerberos.  Please see the Microsoft article for details:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2008/06/13/understanding-kerberos-double-hop.aspx

You could then carry on using standard Windows authentication.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Good info danielrozental

Thank you.