Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

Share bookmarks with specific users using IE (QV12 -IE Plugin)

Hello,

Is it possible to share a bookmark with 1 or 2 users (not everyone)?

Thus far,

1. Made the basic QMC and document level changes to enable sharing of bookmarks

2. Add Bookmark/Create a Server Bookmark/Share Bookmark with other users checkbox applied

3. Under BookMarks/More.../ My Server Bookmarks, I don't see an option to share the selected bookmark with a specific user.

Note: This is easily achievable in Chrome + Ajax but the question is specific to IE explorer + Plugin.

Thanks in adv,

Sid

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The IE Plugin and Ajax are completely different clients and the Plugin does not use Server objects like Ajax, it is based on the same engine as the Desktop client, so the functionality is going to be as it is there...  So that means in the Plugin client you pretty much have one option I believe, the Mail with Bookmark as a Link, which you can then send to the users you wish to share things with and they could then set the bookmark on their side, but I believe this is the only way to do things via Plugin.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The IE Plugin and Ajax are completely different clients and the Plugin does not use Server objects like Ajax, it is based on the same engine as the Desktop client, so the functionality is going to be as it is there...  So that means in the Plugin client you pretty much have one option I believe, the Mail with Bookmark as a Link, which you can then send to the users you wish to share things with and they could then set the bookmark on their side, but I believe this is the only way to do things via Plugin.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Brett,

Yes, had to roll with the same due to IE constraints.