Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmo2018
Contributor
Contributor

Shared File System For Application Deployment in App Server not reflecting in QMC

Hello All,

I'm Sathya. I'm currently working with my team on Qlikview Setup in Prod. We are adviced to use Distributed Implementation of Services with all App Services (QVSD, QVS, QMS, QDS, and DSC) in 2 App Servers and Web Service (QVWS) in 2 Web Servers in our Organization (BMO). We have currently completed the Setup in all 4 Servers with Respective Services in Place. But while we attempted to Deploy Our Dashboard Files in QMC through a Specified Shared File System Path which is common to all 4 Servers, We're are unable to Deploy due to that Shared File System Path not reflecting in the QMC (i.e) in System -> Setup -> Qlikview Server -> Server IP -> Folder Tab -> Root Folder
          Could anyone suggest how to Configure this Shared File System to be able to be detected in QMC Root Folder Section? so that we'll be able to deploy our Dashboard Files in QMC.

Issue Detail: 

When we paste the Dashboard File Path in Shared File System,  in the QMC Root Folder Section and applied it, it is not getting applied and disappears from that place so we're unable to deploy our Applications.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Bmo2018,

Have you read the documentation that Maria and I provided regarding clustering?  There is a lot of information in the Shared Network Storage section that I think applies to your question.  Typically in clustered QVS environments, you should only use the Root folder for the .pgo files and not have any documents (QVW files) stored there.  The account you use to run the QV services must have full permissions to all the QlikView related folder structure, such as ProgramData, Program Files, and configured application data (Root folder, .qvw storage, .qvd storage, log files) locations.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Bmo2018 

We know from experience that having the documents in the root folder can cause a lot of issues. 

I am not sure if you get any status message in the QMC but here is a good article for trouble shooting.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Unable-to-start-QlikView-Server-Service-Status-Message-Off-D...

Can you double check so you don't have the Management service running on more than one machine? Also that the license you have allow for two QVS 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

First, did you set up the services as clusters? Al services except the webserver should be clustered.

Also you should never have the documents in the root folder. 

If you haven't already take a look at this

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2021/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Bmo2018,

Does the QV service account have the appropriate permissions to the Root Folder?  In addition to Maria's excellent post, have a look at the Qlik Support article How to setup QlikView Server Cluster.

Best Regards

Bmo2018
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Maria,

Yes. We did setup the Servers as Clusters. 2 App Servers are clustered with each other and with respective Web Servers as well in respective ports of every Qlikview service.

Requesting you to state the reason why we shouldn't deploy the Applications in the Root Folder and only Mount Folder to be used in such Clustered Environments.

In our Windows Servers, What're all the other formats of Shared File System other than NTFS which supports Qlikview Server Application Deployment. Do you have any Idea? Requesting you to share it if any.

Bmo2018
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Chip,

Instead of QV Service Account, We're are currently running the Services in Local Account temporarily due to some Permission Issues in the Former.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Bmo2018,

Typically, QVS installations do not run well (or at all) with the Local System account. The QV service account must have the following 3 attributes:

• A local administrator on the host operating system
  • Be able to run as a network service
  • Have access to all the QlikView related folder structure, such as ProgramData, Program Files, and configured application data (.qvw storage, .qvd storage, log files) locations

Reference Qlik Support article QlikView Service Account Requirements

Best Regards

Bmo2018
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Chip,

We aren't using Already Existing Local System Account but with the one we have created newly with the name as qlikusr. With this one, QVS is running fine without any issues. But only issue We are facing is regarding the Path of Application Deployment.  Like Whether we should NTFS Type of Shared File System Path or any other Type of Shared File System Path and also regarding whether we should use Root Folder for Deployment or only Mount Folder.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Bmo2018,

Have you read the documentation that Maria and I provided regarding clustering?  There is a lot of information in the Shared Network Storage section that I think applies to your question.  Typically in clustered QVS environments, you should only use the Root folder for the .pgo files and not have any documents (QVW files) stored there.  The account you use to run the QV services must have full permissions to all the QlikView related folder structure, such as ProgramData, Program Files, and configured application data (Root folder, .qvw storage, .qvd storage, log files) locations.

Best Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Bmo2018 

We know from experience that having the documents in the root folder can cause a lot of issues. 

I am not sure if you get any status message in the QMC but here is a good article for trouble shooting.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Unable-to-start-QlikView-Server-Service-Status-Message-Off-D...

Can you double check so you don't have the Management service running on more than one machine? Also that the license you have allow for two QVS