Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopal5879
Creator
Creator

Tasks on access point failing all of sudden “Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.”

Hello folks,

All of sudden when we run the tasks they are failing on access point. Earlier, they used to run fine

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

In the log I am seeing

“Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.”

attached is sample log message:

(3/4/2021 2:50:19 PM) Information: Max retries:5

(3/4/2021 2:50:19 PM) Information: Attempt:01

(3/4/2021 2:50:21 PM) Information: Opened the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=8124

(3/4/2021 2:50:21 PM) Information: Allocated QlikView Engine successfully. Current usage count=1 of 8 (of type non-reader). Ticket number=17.

(3/4/2021 2:50:21 PM) Information: Loading document "Test.qvw" (2409.76 Mb)

(3/4/2021 2:50:22 PM) Information: Loading. LoadTime=00:00:01.0047680

(3/4/2021 2:50:23 PM) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

(3/4/2021 2:50:23 PM) Information: Attempted to load the document with data.

(3/4/2021 2:50:23 PM) Error: The document failed to open.

Labels (1)
  • Other

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @gopal5879,

So the QVW may actually need a username/password.  Does the QVW you're attempting to reload/distribute have Section Access?  If so, is the service account running QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) in the Section Access statement?  Or the data source may need a username/password.

If Section Access isn't applied and is also not data source related, then typically this error is returned when the server is experiencing resource constraint issues.  Have a look at the Qlik Support article QlikView Publisher Task Failing With Error:Error Document open call failed. The document might requi....   Have you experienced this issue before?  Does it occur for this specific reload task each time it is run? Or is the issue intermittent?  If intermittent, if you restart QV services or reboot the server, is the issue resolved?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

There could be a process on the server locking the file preventing it from opening as well. I think a reboot would be the best course of action.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

gopal5879
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your time. I will open case 

7 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @gopal5879,

So the QVW may actually need a username/password.  Does the QVW you're attempting to reload/distribute have Section Access?  If so, is the service account running QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) in the Section Access statement?  Or the data source may need a username/password.

If Section Access isn't applied and is also not data source related, then typically this error is returned when the server is experiencing resource constraint issues.  Have a look at the Qlik Support article QlikView Publisher Task Failing With Error:Error Document open call failed. The document might requi....   Have you experienced this issue before?  Does it occur for this specific reload task each time it is run? Or is the issue intermittent?  If intermittent, if you restart QV services or reboot the server, is the issue resolved?

Best Regards

gopal5879
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your response chip,

we are not using any section access for any of the qvws. Database connectivity is fine, the command line tasks run ok.

Only the issue is with QVW files. They are failing immediately once started with  below error message

“Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.”

We did not try out rebooting the server. 

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

There could be a process on the server locking the file preventing it from opening as well. I think a reboot would be the best course of action.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Albert_Candelario

Hello Gopal,

Where you able to solve such issue or still happening? Did anything happened on the folder permissions, like for example if where the qvws are stored they do inherit the permissions from the parent folder.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
gopal5879
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Albert,
I don't think folder permissions got changed. After rebooting, it worked  as normal.

I am wondering what could have happened all of sudden?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@gopal5879,

Glad you were able to get the QVW to reload after a server reboot.  Per the article I provided, likely due to resource constraint issues.  I suggest you open a case with Qlik Support to further investigate.  

Best Regards

gopal5879
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your time. I will open case