Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.
Just today in the morning our server appeared with most of the tasks with the parameter "Cluster is down" in the "Started/Scheduled" column (image 1).
* If we click the "Edit this task" button and click "Apply" with that task, it seems to fix it. Also if we do the same thing unhabilitating and habilitating again, also the task fixes. Nevertheless if we try to run the task, it appears to run for some time after reverting to its initial state. The task history doesn't appear to register anything.
* If we try to create a new task, it does the same thing of appearing to run for some seconds before reverting to its initial state.
* Also, the accesspoint, when we try to open an application in it, it gives a connection error (image 2).
This is what we tried so far:
* We checked the information of all the tasks in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\MagamentService\QVPR and we found the files well.
* We checked the .meta and .shared files to see if there was any trouble there.
Thanks for your time.
This was a rather frequent issue after restart in 12.10 and possible 12.20. There has been improvement since then.
There are several articles that discusses this
Suggest that you start a new community thread for this topic, including the full build versions of your QlikView environment. This thread is over four years old and a newer thread will likely get a better response. Also, please note the resolutions for the previous versions (12.10, etc.) will not likely resolve the issue in the currently supported versions (12.40, 12.50, 12.60).
How many QDS nodes do you have in your cluster? It might me a matter of different nodes giving different information to QMS.
I'm facing the issue and have tried multiple option but no luck.
So, I would like to check if you happen to find a fix to the issue. Please let me know.
I am able to go into the task and click through the tabs and click on apply, changing nothing and then the task will run manually and appears to be available to run on the scheduler. I have a few hundred tasks and would like to find a way to address these without having to go into each one and click on apply. In the QMC I see unrunnable and Cluster is down. I do not have a cluster and this is on a test server I have just setup. This happened after I stopped all the services and restarted them today.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The issue is due to the load on the server. I had this issue on version 12.10 SR6.
I made the configuration changes as below and it worked.
This was recommended by Qlik and requested not to reduce the chunk size below 20.
1. Stop the QDS service and QMS service
2. Goto - C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config.
3. Update the QMSChunkSize" value="50" ( 100 is the default value)
4. Restart the QDS service and QMS service
please let me know if that worked.
Thanks for the info. I have this test server on a cloned production machine and thought the chunk size would have remained in tact but it was set to 100. Must go over with the install of 12.
What is the affect of having the chunk size set at 20 compared to 50? Are there any drawbacks?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Low chunk size may result to crash the server.
Meaning, the load on server will go very high and qlikview will be not be able to process as expected.
To overcome this issue, the memory (RAM & CPU) needs to be increased as needed.
Hope this helps.
how do you solve this issue ? please..
How to determine the appropriate Chunk size for a given server? Is it based on number CPU and/or memory ? What is the formula to determine the Chunk size?