Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator

Why .qvf files not running in Qlikview12.7 QMC as a scheduled task ?

Hi Every one,

In QlikVIew 12.7 the default file save option is .qvf and when i am running that application manually it's run fine but when i have scheduled a task in QMC 12.7 and runs it is getting fail 

please find the below error Message.

20220715T135929.428-0400 Error: Unexpected token: '(', expected one of: ',', ':', 'OPERATOR_PLUS', 'OPERATOR_MINUS', 'OPERATOR_MULTIPLICATION', 'OPERATOR_DIVISION', 'OPERATOR_STRING_CONCAT', ...

20220715T135929.441-0400 Execution Failed
20220715T135929.519-0400 Execution finished.

Could you please help here 

We are facing this issue after installing qlik 12.7

Best Regards

Narayana

Labels (3)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi  narayanaqlik,

I would open a support ticket on this issue. 

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @narayanaqlik,

Typically the error you are referring to - Error: Unexpected token: '(', expected one of: ',', ':', 'OPERATOR_PLUS', 'OPERATOR_MINUS', 'OPERATOR_MULTIPLICATION', 'OPERATOR_DIVISION', 'OPERATOR_STRING_CONCAT', is returned when the script mode BNF (Backus-Naur Formalism) isn't met correctly. See the QlikView Help entry What is Backus-Naur Formalism? for more details. Also review Qlik Support articles QlikView Document with Macros Fails to Reload in QlikView Server with error and QlikView Document with Macros Fails to Reload in QlikView Server with error. Ignore the portions of the articles which discuss disabling BNF as that is not possible in QV versions after 12.20, and instead focus on re-writing the script so that it comports with the BNF mode.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Britt for raising the support ticket,

Yes, it was the good thing to introduce in qlikview 12.7 to convert qliview file to .qvf but better to make sure to support qmc as well

Could i get the relevant/ solution for the same 

How it is supporting the .qvf files in Qliview QMC

Could we expect What are the steps need to follow to resolve that. 

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi  narayanaqlik,

I would open a support ticket on this issue. 

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @narayanaqlik,

Typically the error you are referring to - Error: Unexpected token: '(', expected one of: ',', ':', 'OPERATOR_PLUS', 'OPERATOR_MINUS', 'OPERATOR_MULTIPLICATION', 'OPERATOR_DIVISION', 'OPERATOR_STRING_CONCAT', is returned when the script mode BNF (Backus-Naur Formalism) isn't met correctly. See the QlikView Help entry What is Backus-Naur Formalism? for more details. Also review Qlik Support articles QlikView Document with Macros Fails to Reload in QlikView Server with error and QlikView Document with Macros Fails to Reload in QlikView Server with error. Ignore the portions of the articles which discuss disabling BNF as that is not possible in QV versions after 12.20, and instead focus on re-writing the script so that it comports with the BNF mode.

Best Regards

narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Britt for raising the support ticket,

Yes, it was the good thing to introduce in qlikview 12.7 to convert qliview file to .qvf but better to make sure to support qmc as well

Could i get the relevant/ solution for the same 

How it is supporting the .qvf files in Qliview QMC

Could we expect What are the steps need to follow to resolve that. 

narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chip for your quick response/ reply.

Manual reload was successful.  when we are scheduling a task and make it run as for schedule it through the error

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @narayanaqlik,

Did you review article QlikView Document with Macros Fails to Reload in QlikView Server with error, which states that a manual reload in QlikView Desktop can be successful but errors when run as a scheduled Publisher task? Based on the error you provided, I believe the path forward is to review the load script to make sure it conforms with BNF.

Best Regards

Albert_Candelario

Hello @narayanaqlik ,

I do agree with @Chip_Matejowsky , plus was this working with a previous version or is a new document  you have created on version 12.70?

Kindly remember in some older versions BNF was not enforced or could be bypass adding the appropriate comments on the script or server wide, but not anymore with the newer versions.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer