Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrustratedAtQlikview
Contributor
Contributor

Zoom to Fit Window Bug

Does anyone know how to get Zoom to Fit Window to actually work? 

Sub Autozoom

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle
ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomtoWindow

End Sub

It's set in a macro on open/reload. But... it sets the positions of objects in differently with every screen display and none actually fit the screen!

On Qlikview desktop it's to small for the screen, in the WebView it's to big, in a web browser with a small screen its to big for the screen and on a large display it's to small for the screen. This is getting really frustrating! 

Also do you have pre-set the size of images (png's/jpeg's). I loaded in some images, set fit to aspect and in the web browser it completely changes their sizes? I'm now having to use a macro to set the width and height of the images to get them to display correctly in the browser. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

There used to be an extension that allowed application of Fit Zoom in browser-based environments, I think. I never tried it myself, though. I would suggest using browser-based zoom.

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The other poster is correct, I do recall an extension someone created to do things, and that would be the best option for you to follow, but you could also look at the JavaScripts etc. to see if you want to try to modify something there, but if you do modify those pages, that would negate support on those modifications, just FYI.  You would want to keep original files in order to test any future issues to be sure the code changes you have made did not impact things.  

I found a thread that should have further discussion on the Extension that existed:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Extensions/Fit-Zoom-to-Window-Document-Extension/m-p/338124

Here is Help link on building Extensions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/QV_Extensions...

About the best I can offer to try to get you further ahead with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Fit Zoom to Window works well in every QV version that I've tried, so I'm not really sure why you'd be having issues with it. However, to the best extent of my knowledge, it does not apply to WebView / Browser and never did.

Fit Zoom to Window is supposed to set the object sizes different in every display - by definition, it fits them to that display. Keep in mind that it will maintain the aspect ratio, which means typically either the height or width will not be fully used unless your original display matches the display you are zooming to in ratio. Also keep in mind that Fit Zoom to Window only applies to the current active sheet, not the entire QVW.

FrustratedAtQlikview
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm finding Zoom to Window doesn't work as intended at all. 

As it isn't supported in the webview/browser there must be a better way of setting the size of the screen!

Is it possible to get the device width and height (as you can do in HTML)? I know how to get the screen resolution and adjust for that but that when you have say a larger display plugged into a laptop as both screens are set with the same resolution. 

Or
MVP
MVP

There used to be an extension that allowed application of Fit Zoom in browser-based environments, I think. I never tried it myself, though. I would suggest using browser-based zoom.

FrustratedAtQlikview
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm afraid that doesn't answer my question. Does Qlikview have the functionality to get the device width not the application width (which is the resolution)?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The other poster is correct, I do recall an extension someone created to do things, and that would be the best option for you to follow, but you could also look at the JavaScripts etc. to see if you want to try to modify something there, but if you do modify those pages, that would negate support on those modifications, just FYI.  You would want to keep original files in order to test any future issues to be sure the code changes you have made did not impact things.  

I found a thread that should have further discussion on the Extension that existed:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Extensions/Fit-Zoom-to-Window-Document-Extension/m-p/338124

Here is Help link on building Extensions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/QV_Extensions...

About the best I can offer to try to get you further ahead with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.