Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

performance browser based view

I do have performance issues when opening my application through the browser based view in IE 8.

It is not an option to install the plugin because no rights to do installations.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? Do I need to make some changes to the server to make it faster?

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Elke,

Note that when using Ajax, the client connects to a web server, (QVWS or IIS) and then to the Server, and back again. So network time increases considerably. And the amount of information is larger, since it has to encapsulate the information from the server to the web server, and from the web server to the client. If browser have some filters or extensions will affect, too.

That's why using the IE Plugin via QVP is quite faster.

The expressions and how the data model is created also influcences: using If() conditionals, using string literals instead of numeric values in set analysis, or calculated dimensions...

But charts draw fine in Desktop, then it's likely a network/browser issue. Check whether opening the document using Ajax in the Server is so slow.

Hope that helps.

Miguel