Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 Months rolling with cumulative of data

I have a requirement where i have to display the rolling 6 months in my dashboard, which i have already implemented with the below set analysis.

I have a chart, where rolling 6 months is done, from MARCH  to AUGUST

consider each month 5 employees are added. so this chart will display cumulative of previous month.

chart.PNG

Expression i have used

(RangeSum(above( count({<Month_Year ={"$(v6Months)","$(v5Months)","$(v4Months)","$(v3Months)","$(v2Months)","$(vCurrentMonth)"}>}distinct empid),0,12)))

where variable v3Months = num#(DATE(AddMonths(max(Month_Year),-3),'MMM-YYYY'))

I have 5 employees been added in JAN and FEB also. so, i want to display those month(JAN, FEB) cumulative counts also in the chart as below so the march should have cumulative of jan and feb as 15 and so on

chart1.PNG

Help me in this...

Thanks

20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your time pradosh.

I want to select the months from month filter and it should show me the selected months back to the minimum month..

month filters were not working in this.

It was really helpful Thanks again

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

close the thread by marking sunny's answer correct.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi sunny,

Am reopening this thread again, as i have got some issue.

This expression works fine if am using it in Qlikview version 12 or higher.

The expression doesn't works, if i use it in Qlikview 11.

In version 11, i could see the months in the chart with no values in it.

samples.PNG

Is that really a version problem ?

stalwar1

Help me in this.

sunny_talwar

First thing to check is if 'Suppress Zero Values' on the presentation tab is checked or not... if it is, then it might be a version issue, but not related to 11 or 12... it might be related to a very specific version issue like 11.2 SR13 or something like that

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying.

Suppress Zero Values in Presentation tab is checked, but still its not working. I could see the bars.

If  'it might be related to a very specific version issue like 11.2 SR13 or something like that'  is the case, then what can i do ?

sunny_talwar

Upgrade or downgrade

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

what if you restrict the value to largest 6 values? without showing others value. You can set it in the dimension limits tab. you can  give a try.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried, not working

Restricting the values in dimension limits will not give the 6 months rolling and correct cumulative values. It will show the graph only with the largest values with their respective months..

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi Kishore

I tried that in QV12 though . but it is working .

please supresszero values in presentation

and limit it to largest 6 values and not show others. The same example i tried .

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

with the same expression what sunny provided ?