cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months rolling set analysis expression not working with aggr function

Hi,

avg(aggr(((Sum(a/b))*c),[emp ID],Month_Year))

This was my expression initially in the chart, then i got a requirement of 6 months rolling for that chart, i used the below set analysis expression, which is working fine in all expressions except the above one, where i have used aggr

Its not working with the aggr function.

{<Month_Year = {">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Month_Year), -5), 'MMM-YYYY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Month_Year), 0),  'MMM-YYYY'))"} >}.

Please help me to find out how can i do 6 months rolling for this expression

Dimension - Month_Year

avg(aggr(((Sum(a/b))*c),[emp ID],Month_Year))

thanks..

34 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

and the exactly same expression is surely working without set modifiers in the same chart?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why? May be share application to test

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have attached the sample application and explained also.

Please try this and let me know if you have doubts.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi anil . I have attached the application

sunny_talwar

May be this

num(Avg({<Month_Year>}Aggr(((Sum({<Month_Year = {"=Date#(Only({1} Month_Year), 'MMM-YYYY') >= AddMonths(Max(TOTAL Date#(Month_Year, 'MMM-YYYY')), -5) and Date#(Only({1} Month_Year), 'MMM-YYYY') <= Max(TOTAL Date#(Month_Year, 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>}a/b))*Only({<Month_Year>} c)), empid, Month_Year)

),'#.##')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that's what I tried to explain at the beginning,your Month_Year field wasn't a dual, so it couldn't work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

... inline values create just text, ... they only create duals, that are recognized by the automatic number interpretation...

so you'll have to add the numerical representation with date#(...) either in Script or in Frontend as stalwar1‌ did it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much sunny.

I have again a different set of data.

I have attached the sample application. Can you pls help me out with this.

Now i have different a values and b values for one employee for the same month.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Robin

I have again a different set of data.

I have attached the sample application in reply to sunny. Can you pls help me out with that.

Now i have different a values and b values for one employee for the same month.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

num(Avg({<Month_Year>}Aggr(((Sum({<Month_Year = {"=Date#(Only({1} Month_Year), 'MMM-YYYY') >= AddMonths(Max(TOTAL Date#(Month_Year, 'MMM-YYYY')), -5) and Date#(Only({1} Month_Year), 'MMM-YYYY') <= Max(TOTAL Date#(Month_Year, 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>}a/b))*Only({<Month_Year>} c)), empid, Month_Year)

),'#.##')

Will this expression works now ??