Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access Point Not Updating latest QVW

Good Morning all;

I have successfully created my Documents and Dashboards and they seems to update and work on the server, but the updated files are not pushing to the Access Point.  Has anyone had this issue before?  Is there a setting or something i should check to make the connection from the server to the Access Point.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

How your distribution task look like in the QMC? Did you specify the server and the folder and does your user have permissions to see on that folder? Does the account running the QlikView services have access to such folder?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

How your distribution task look like in the QMC? Did you specify the server and the folder and does your user have permissions to see on that folder? Does the account running the QlikView services have access to such folder?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel;

Thank you for the reply.  The distribution is straight forward, and i did specify the folder however I have not checked the Qlikview Services to make sure they have access.  Would this be the hidden ProgramData structure under the installation drive on the server?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The folder is the real folder specified in the QMC, not the name for the AccessPoint. The service account should be local administrator and therefore have full access to this folder, but if it is a network share it might not be the case.

Does the task return any error as to why the reload happens but not the distribution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, in fact when I run the service the QVW files show as updated on the server, just not in the access point, so I'm a little baffled.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you distribute to All Users instead of named or authenticated, does it make any difference? Is the QVW distributed to the user documents folder and can you open it manually specifying the URL?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just an idea:

If you are using a Publisher to distribute to a QVS, do NOT use "Distribute To Folder" as distribution mechanism. Use "Distribute to QlikView Server" to get a proper follow-up.