Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access point Problem

Hi Guys,

I have created new qlikview document and i created button to access new qv document.i placed this in rootfolder of sever to access from access point.if i open on access point and click on button it is opening in new window it is fine because i copy URL of opening document in button URL.

1)But my doubt is is there any way to access new documnet through button in accesspoint with out placing this accessible document into root folder of server??

2) i don't want to show this accessbile dcoument in access point but when user click on that button then only it should be display any possibility is there??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Sanjeev,

If you keep Qlikviewdocs as root folder, QV server will show all the document within that directory as well as sub directory, So instead of creating a new folder in that, create a new folder and keep other QVW in that folder and mark it as non browsable.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can use the same and even External trigger Open QlikView Document.

But for both QVW file need to be accessible via access point.

I don't think there is an alternative for this.

Regards

ASHFAQ

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Create a mounted folder, and keep that QVW file in that.

When you create mounted folder there is a check box "Browsable" deselect that, and all QVW from this folder will not be visible on access point, but they will be accessible from button click on some other document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

k fine but if i open that in access point when i click button to open then it is not opening in new window of access point it is going to downloding each time .I need open in new window of access point for that URL should be placed in trigger URL .insted of that any option is availble ???

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for taht kaushik but can create mounted folder in any location or need to create in root folder with new folder???? or

can i place that qv document in any where (can i give different path)

Not applicable
Author

Mounted folder path should related to root folder??

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can create on any folder.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for that kaishik

Not applicable
Author

if my root folder is:d:\qlikviewdocs

then i create mount folder :d:\qlikviewdocs\newdocs

in newdocs  folder i have some qv documents and also qlikviewdocs also have some qv documents

if i place mount path and if i deselect browsable option then newdocs won't be displayed.but is that impact on root folder document.??(means qlikviewdocs contains some docs it is open in access point if we deselect browsable option for mount folder)

is access path for root and mount is same??

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

can you please send the solution for that below posted query?