Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Action for opening particular sheet of particular qlikview file

Hi All,

I have one app where i m showing the images of different reports and when i click on particular image i want to open the particular sheet  of particular qlikivew file.

I know how to open the particular qlikview documet but  i m wondering how will i open particular sheet of particular report by clicking on the image.

Anybody has any idea about it?

Thanks in advance

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Use trigger: Activate Sheet

PFA

Edit: If you want to open a sheet from different application, then use trigger to open the new app and in that app use another trigger to open particular sheet using Activate Sheet, On Opening the appication action.  

Not applicable
Author

After open the qvw application use this macro in action

ActiveDicument.ActivateSheet 1  //1 is sheet no

Regards,

Kabilan K.

Not applicable
Author

Are you saying that i should give the on  image the the action for qlikview document and then in that qlikview document i should give the macro? Is it...?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks tresesco, is there any direct way i can do this from one first application only insterad of giving on open action.

Because in our case the other application is also having many maore sheets and we have many such images for opening different sheets in the other qlikview application.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

set the images as a background in  text object.

Create separate qlikview files for each image and go to the action  property for the text object

External->Open qlikview document->Specify the name of the document you want to open for that image.

Create on button in each and every document  and give the action to go back the main document contain images.

But it required more space...... If it's possible use it I hope it will helps you

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Application1->Click on image1 : Open Application2->On Open -> Activate Sheet1
                        Click on image2 : Open Application2->On Open -> Activate Sheet2

Click on image3 : Open Application2->On Open -> Activate Sheet2

This way?

And it is always suggested to avoid macro. You should try with trigger AFAP.

Not applicable
Author

For using triggers i have to create diffrerent version of same Application2fone for each sheet.Is it?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

No. See, if you click on image1, you land up to application2's sheet1. So the clicking on the image is exclusive, if you click on image2, you can't click on image3 because you have landed in application2 by then. If you want to get back to application1 and click on another image, you have to use a trigger in application2.

Or, something else is there in your logical implementation? (may be i am not thinking of).

Not applicable
Author

You are current in saying application 2 is already opened. In Our case images are from diffrent different applications and of different different reports from that.The target application is not fixed.So i want some thing which i can parametrized according to application name and associated sheet ID.