Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ad-hoc reporting in QlikView ?

Hi,

I have a requirement where my users need to do ad-hoc reporting in QlikView. Can we generate ad-hoc reports in QlikView similar to Oracle BI Publisher (where the end-user can drag and drop fields from data source in table format). If no is there any workaround where we can achieve the similar functionality ?

Thanks,

Samir Prasadi

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

if you need minor interactivity, you can use preset variables to select dimension and expressions from (using input box) and use this to change the data charts of your application on run time.

If users want more flexibility, I think the formerly known designer role was intended to adapt layout / charts to ad hoc needs (User has rights to change these, no rights to change data model). But this needs properly a little more training than just BI Publisher (or BO Desktop Intelligence) drag and drop.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Dear Samir ,

If you need a QlikView reporting tool that lets you design, generate, schedule and distribute user specific reports without having to write and maintain macros, you should check out NPrinting and try it for free.

Best

The NPrinting Team

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

I think that cycle groups would be a good solution for ad-hoc reporting.  This way, you could control what fields will be available to the users.  Then all they have to do is select the field (or fields, if you have multiple cycle groups within the table) to get their results

Not applicable
Author

Adding this for prosperity. There's a good article on this subject on the QV Design blog: Customizable Straight Table