Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregation: finding the biggest customer for each product

I have a table with invoices for a full year. Each invoice specifies the Customer, the Product and the Volume sold.

I am trying to make the following table:

• Product
  • Total volume sold of the product
  • Name of the largest customer  (in terms of volume purchased across all products, not just the volume of the product itself) buying the product
  • Total volume purchased

Obviously, the first two are trivial, but I am struggeling with the expressions for the last 2 columns. 

Have spend hours on this, so help would be very much appreciated!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Aggr(if(Rank(Sum({<Product=>}total <Client> SubTotal)) = 1, Sum({<Product=>}total <Client> SubTotal)), Product, Client)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I believe that the customer will be like this using product as dimension

=Aggr(if(Rank(Sum({<Client= P(Client), Product=>}SubTotal)) = 1, Client), Client)

Not applicable
Author

Federico,

Thanks for the suggestion. This helps a lot, but I don't have the final solution yet.

Using your suggestion, I have been able to make a table chart with dimension Customer. When I select a product, this table gives me the ranking of the customers from large to small and also the volume of the customers across all products (not just the product selected). See below:

Capture.JPG

Now, I want to take the next step. Rather than having the above table with dimension Customer and having to select products to find the largest customer, I would like to make a chart with dimension Product, which shows for each product the biggest customer and the Customer's volume across all products. I have tried your aggregation formula, but to get anything displayed, I need to aggregate across both products and customers. When I do this, I get the customer buying the biggest volume of the specific product rather tha the biggest overall customer who buys the particular product.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Marc.

Not applicable
Author

The  previous formula only worked for the 1st ranked product-client, didnt do the job...

Here is a formula for a table with product as dimension.

Aggr(if(Rank(Sum({<Product=>}total <Client> SubTotal)) = 1, Client), Product, Client)

This shows the the biggest client thats buys each product.

In a minute the volume formula...

Not applicable
Author

Aggr(if(Rank(Sum({<Product=>}total <Client> SubTotal)) = 1, Sum({<Product=>}total <Client> SubTotal)), Product, Client)

Not applicable
Author

Federico,

Fantastic. Works perfect. Thanks a lot.

Marc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Federico,

don't understand wath is  SubTotal    in your formula ...

can u explain me please?

Thank

Not applicable
Author

SubTotal is whatever he is using, could be Qty, sales, anything. In this case I believe it should be volume.