Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregations problems

Hello,

I have the sales for each salesman that belongs to a store in a particular region;

I would like to know what is the participation of each store in its region.

I created a table with dimension as store and expression as : =sum(Sales) / sum(Aggr( NODISTINCT sum(Sales), Region))

But I have wrong values, I get the following result :

Sales.jpg

Whereas the results should be :

Store 1 : 100%

Store 2 : 50%

Store 3 : 50 %

I have attached a file with my project.

Thanks for you help !

Sadjad

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sadjad

You are looking for the sales that each store has as a total of the region's sales - and it's not the aggr() function that you need.

Add the Region as a dimension (you can hide this later) and add the expression :

= sum(Sales) / sum(total <Region>Sales)

This will give you the store's sales as a percent of the total for the region.Is this what you are looking for?

Erica

PS  you had "relative" ticked in the expression.This returns your value as a % relative to the total in the column, ie it will force that column to add up to 100%.This is useful, but not for your purpose

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Try below code... This should work...

SUM(Sales) / Aggr(SUM({1}TOTAL <Region> Sales),Region,Store)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your answer.

If I hide the dimension Region in my table = sum(Sales) / sum(total <Region>Sales) gives me the total of sales for all Countries and I want the total for each country.

The one that seems to work is sum(Sales)/ sum(Aggr (sum(total<Region> Sales),Region,Store))

Not applicable
Author

Good to hear it worked