Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

All provious data from point of selection

Hi Experts,

I have a chart say with expression sum(sales). When user selects on Month say Dec, the chart should not just show the datfor december, but also all the previous months(and previous years) starting from the selected month, in this case December.

I want to show this in a straight table and also in text object with just total figure.

Please guide me to proper resources or any apps that can help me.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Maybe add in a period then just use set analysis for <= period while ensuring you exclude any date parameters in the set

e.g. december 2016 = 201612

March 2014 = 201403

So your set can be something like  sum({<Year-=,Month-=,Period={"<=Period"}>} sales)

Of course you could always do this with date, so generate the date for the end of December or something

View solution in original post

5 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Maybe add in a period then just use set analysis for <= period while ensuring you exclude any date parameters in the set

e.g. december 2016 = 201612

March 2014 = 201403

So your set can be something like  sum({<Year-=,Month-=,Period={"<=Period"}>} sales)

Of course you could always do this with date, so generate the date for the end of December or something

sunny_talwar

Wouldn't it be better to use Max(Period) so that you can still see a result when no selection has been made?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

agreed, hasty answer!

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Please mark Adam's answer as correct or helpful as he is the one you came up with a solution to your post. All I suggested was a small change my friend.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny