Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III

Allocated memory exceeded - error

Hi - Would appreciate any help in understanding the error I mentioned in the subject line when I try to run this statement

Sum({<InvoiceDate ={">=$(=date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-14))),'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM')">}[Line Item Amount])

Thanks a ton

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here's the correct expression....The >= expression was incorrect..I.E the = and > need to be separated..together they were possibly causing an overflow...

Sum({<InvoiceDate = {"$(='>' & Date(MonthStart(Today(), -13), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} [Line Item Amount])

Thanks to Sunny T's post on another thread..

------------------------------------

Legend  

How about this:

Sum({<date = {"$(='>' & Date(WeekStart(Today(), -1), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} sales)

Also read here about Dates in Set Analysis

-----------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this

Your Expr:

Sum({<InvoiceDate ={">=$(=date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-14))),'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM')">}[Line Item Amount])

Changed Expr:

Sum({<InvoiceDate ={">=$(=date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-14)),'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM'))">}[Line Item Amount])

Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Vishwarath....unfortunately it didn't work  I even tried removing the / and : in the date format....and it didn't go anywhere

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try taking off the Timestamp and just used the date format? Is your InvoiceDate format is same as the format 'MM/DD/YYYY' ?

Can you share your sample app you are working on to further look into it?

Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes I did....however didn't help..

I'll try to pare down the data ..right now it has 2 years worth of data that may be too much and cannot share

thanks for your help

Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here's the correct expression....The >= expression was incorrect..I.E the = and > need to be separated..together they were possibly causing an overflow...

Sum({<InvoiceDate = {"$(='>' & Date(MonthStart(Today(), -13), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} [Line Item Amount])

Thanks to Sunny T's post on another thread..

------------------------------------

Legend  

How about this:

Sum({<date = {"$(='>' & Date(WeekStart(Today(), -1), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} sales)

Also read here about Dates in Set Analysis

-----------------------------------

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Sounds good. Dates in set analysis is quite sensitive, so usually miss things like this. Glad you figured it.

Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

as a Qlik rookie....am experiencing the "sensitiveness" of Qlik, rather painfully...LOL

all good though