Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

Alternate States and Set Analysis

Hi,

I am trying to use set analysis and alternate states to use the current selection and add "* All" to the set and in an alternate state.

But I cant get this formula to work, in another sheet withouth set analysis a similar formula worked, this formula is below

=sum(distinct {$<{Stats1}[Issue Owned by]=[Issue Owned by]+{"* All"}>} [Data M])

I cant see where I am going wrong, the below formula works but not with any alternate state set up.

sum(distinct {$<Company = Company + {"*All"}>}DATA1)

What is the difference I am missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not sure if i have understood you correctly. Assuming Stats1 is the alternate state, perhaps this:

=Sum({[Stats1]<[Issue Owned by] += {'* All'}>} distinct [Data M])

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not sure if i have understood you correctly. Assuming Stats1 is the alternate state, perhaps this:

=Sum({[Stats1]<[Issue Owned by] += {'* All'}>} distinct [Data M])

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sunny_talwar

jonathan‌ what exactly is * All? is this a generic filter available within QlikView?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

sunindia

No, just a wildcard filter for something, followed by <space> and "All"