Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Anyone having salesforce connections issues today?

All my salesforce QVW's are not working today.

Connecting works and it even creates the CONNECT command line but when you click on the SELECT button to see the objects/tables, no objects are displayed.

It was working last night and we have not changed any scripts.

we are getting "Error: Premature end of file."

(and more strangely, we got another email 2 hours after about another QVW failure that does not exists. anyway this is probably another issue)

update 9:24 AM PST. Got email from QV Support

Dear Janet,

We are currently investigation this, but it seems that the error is on SalesForce's side. A number of customers have called/emailed in with the same issue, and there are discussions on QlikCommunity about it going on currently. We are asking our customers to contact SalesForce support for now. I do know that some customers have been able to get their reloads to work on a sporadic basis, which is better than not at all. They've done nothing special to get this to work, they just kept trying. We will update you as soon as we know more.

as of 7:17 PM PST... its working again now. cross fingers that it keeps working.

39 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

I sent a tweet to both companies with reference to this thread. Maybe if there are some re-tweets or something, we can see some movement on this issue.

Not applicable
Author

All our processes ran this morning without incident.

Not applicable
Author

fortunately for us, our QVW's started working last night before 7 PM PST and cross fingers, is still working this morning. I changed my scheduled run from once a day to every 4 hours so so far it has been ok

Not applicable
Author

All of our documents are now reloading w/ the scheduler.  We have not heard anything back from SFDC support in regards to our open case, however.  Everything appears to be acting normally at this point.

Not applicable
Author

same here. looks like everything is back to normal. Did not hear back from QV or SFDC but i assume they found and fixed the issue.

Not applicable
Author

Salesforce replied to me and said that it was a QlikView problem, and that QlikView fixed whatever was wrong. I have not heard from QlikView. This is according to Salesforce.

Greg_Hood
Employee
Employee

We (QlikView) haven't issued any new code or made any changes to our SFDC Connector, much as we'd like to claim some credit for "fixing" the issue, nothing has changed on the QlikView side, either before the problems started or after to fix it.   I suspect that either SFDC have been having some kind of system overload or implemented some changes which have subsequently been rolled back or corrected.

Not applicable
Author

My suspicion was always that the issue was with Salesforce, however, I was not shocked when support said it was a QlikView issue. Salesforce may have the world's worst support. It is a non-answer factory, and no answer ever contains the phrase, "I am sorry, we had a technical issue caused by x. We took measure y and it was corrected." They must have thousands of people working for support with the primary job of support theatre, where everyone looks busy but it is only for appearance. I am not kidding, I have not received one useful answer form them since 2009. End rant, thanks for the update.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

This issue appears to have re-surfaced, we're working with Salesforce and Qlik Support trying to resolve this issue and a new thread has been opened.

If anyone else is experiencing issues with the NA7 Salesforce Instance, please provide details on the new thread - http://community.qlik.com/thread/105846

Thank you,

Ben