Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic Scheduled Re-Load QV Models

Hi,

I would like to make my models do an automatic reload with schedule, i.e. I want to do them in sequence. I do understand this should be done as per administration level, plus with the QV management console, which I have full access.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Mauriccio

14 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Can you tell me one thing . your second re-load is dependent on first or not ? pls send me path of application and qlikview .

I will send you .bat file of scheduling.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mconcha,

Let us say that you have two .qvw files like "QVD Generator for Sales.qvw" and "Sales Dashboard.qvw" which is saved in C:\ Drive under QlikView folder and you have QlikView installed on C:\ Drive by default.

You need to write the following code in notepad

"C:\Program files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "C:\QlikView\QVD Generator for Sales.qvw"

"C:\Program files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "C:\QlikView\Sales Dashboard.qvw"

and save it with reload.bat file name.

Go to Windows Scheduler and create a task and browse this .bat file and put your windows userid and password and set the suitable time whenever you want to reload these files.

These files will get executed in same manner as you have mentioned in .bat file. Similarly, you can add other files as well.

Now, the same functionality has been added to QMC directly but you need to predict the timing how much first task will take and make the same difference between first and second task to achieve this.

Hope, it would helpful for you.

Thanks, Raj Kishor

Not applicable
Author

Dear Raj,

Many thanks for your great help.

Mauriccio

Not applicable
Author

Sunil, many thanks.

Mauriccio

suniljain