Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Autorefresh Dashboard on big TV screen

Hi,

I am looking for my dashboard get auto refresh on big TV screen on specific interval say every 10 minutes.

I can do this on desktop with writing some macro but interested to know will it work same way on SBE server? I tried auto refresh by creating and scheduling .exe file but it's always hanged after few runs. Does anyone know how do I do this on server?

And secondly I am under impression that for auto emails and auto refresh QV Publisher version is needed. Can someone clear my confusion please.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Mak

6 Replies
ceciliafujita
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Mak,

Did you have your answer?

I have a issue like yours. I want to auto swift sheets to display on a tv screen...

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I think you can accomplish this.  Start by scheduling the application to be refreshed by Qlik Server.  This shouldn't need Publisher.  Then, I would install Chrome on a pc and open it to the Access Point.  You can then set Chrome to refresh the page after your app has been refreshed, but Chrome has to stay open all the time on the TV.

To address your question on whether or not you need Publisher to distribute files, you either need Publisher or NPrinting.  If you are going to distribute reports via email, from Qlik Data and dashboards, then I would get NPrinting.  It is more robust and powerful than Publisher.  However, Publisher has other features that you may want, so I would contact a partner or Qlik for details.

Nate

crispali
Contributor II
Contributor II

Has anyone succeeded in achieving this? Would love to compare notes.

What I did was create an HTML file with some javascript that refreshes the iframe in it every x seconds. In each iteration, the javascript code changes the iframe's src to the URL of the specific Qlik Sense object (e.g. chart). I connect a PC to the TV with the local HTML file displayed in full-screen. The URL for the QS object can be obtained from Single Configurator.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey guys, the key here is going to be in the Document Properties of the application and the Server tab settings, be sure you have the 'Enable Push from Server' option checked in the lower right corner of the app you want to push out to the TV, and the other thing you will want to be sure you do on this screen is change the 'Refresh Mode when Document is Updated on Server' setting to the last option in the dropdown, Server performs refresh automatically without client action.

Hopefully that will work for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
qlikexplorer
Contributor
Contributor

Brett,

Have you or anyone else on this board had any success with this solution?

This solution does not seem to work on the Access Point. I'm using QlikView 12 .

Appreciate all your input.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, we have confirmed there is an issue in the 12.xx tracks, here is the Article link, and the bug ID is in the article.  If you are impacted, please open a support case with us and mention the article etc., this way we can get you attached to the bug to help move it along.  

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000077624

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.