cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average in total of pivot table

Hello,

I'm trying to present an average number (average of the selected periods) in the total section of a pivot table. Pls see also the enclosed picture.

The set analysis I am using is the following for the number of fte's

=Sum({<Metric={"FTE's Operationeel","FTE's Directe Overhead","FTE's Indirecte Overhead"},PeriodType={[Current]},Cal_Year=,Fis_year=,Fis_year2=,Cal_Month=,Cal_MonthYear=,Fis_period=,Date=,AsOfPeriod={'>=$(=vMaxDateBegin)<=$(=vMaxDate)'} >} Bedrag)

This gives me the total fte's per period . But off course in the total section I get a total number where I need an average.

Furthermore I am using the following set analysis for the total revenue

=Sum({<Resultaatgroep5={[Netto omzet]},PeriodType={[Current]},Cal_Year=,Fis_year=,Fis_year2=,Cal_Month=,Cal_MonthYear=,Fis_period=,Date=,AsOfPeriod={'>=$(=vMaxDateBegin)<=$(=vMaxDate)'} >} Bedrag)

And by dividing revenue by number of fte's I get revenue by fte. This goes well. I just need an average number presented in the total section,

Any thoughts or clues are welcome...

Thx,

Rudi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Rudi,

Have you looked into the 'dimensionallity()' function?

You can use this to force different formula at different levels.

Just start by adding dimensionallity() as a column, then find the level at which you want to alter the formula and use an IF to get around it

IF(dimensionallity = x, avg(blahblah), yourexistingformula)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Rudi,

Have you looked into the 'dimensionallity()' function?

You can use this to force different formula at different levels.

Just start by adding dimensionallity() as a column, then find the level at which you want to alter the formula and use an IF to get around it

IF(dimensionallity = x, avg(blahblah), yourexistingformula)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thx Adam! It worked...