Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

BAR CHART

I want to display three months data based on selected month

for example :

i have two input box one is current selected year and another current selected month those two are variables

if i select jan 2014 it should display oct 2013 nov 2013 dec 2013

if i select april  2014 it should display jan 2014 feb 2014 mar 2014

i am getting one value only i am not getting  three months

please help me

Thanks

Sivaram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Based on our last discussion , here is your solution to FILL THE GAPS with zero values in YEARS/MONTHS. read the comments on the script on how I achieved this. NOTICE that in the attached file the 2013-Nov and 2013-Dec doesn't contain data, because you don't have data on those months. notice the little  0 on top of the date, this can be changed in properties->presentations->Zero on Bars  to not display it.

sc_009012015.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sivaram,

Modify your script to get the date field using below script

LOAD

MonthName(MakeDate(SHIP_YEAR, Num(SHIP_MONTH))) AS MonthYear,

MakeDate(SHIP_YEAR, Num(SHIP_MONTH)) AS SHIP_DATE;

LOAD 

SHIP_MONTH,

TRANSPORT_MODE,

SHIP_YEAR,

SHIP_NO

FROM

(qvd);

Now use MonthYear as dimension and use below expressions

For AIR

=Count({<TRANSPORT_MODE={'AIR'}, SHIP_DATE={'>=$(=MonthStart(MakeDate(APPAC_SelectedYear, APPAC_SelectedMonth), -3))<=$(=MonthEnd(MakeDate(APPAC_SelectedYear, APPAC_SelectedMonth), -1))'}>} SHIP_NO)

For SEA

=Count({<TRANSPORT_MODE={'SEA'}, SHIP_DATE={'>=$(=MonthStart(MakeDate(APPAC_SelectedYear, APPAC_SelectedMonth), -3))<=$(=MonthEnd(MakeDate(APPAC_SelectedYear, APPAC_SelectedMonth), -1))'}>} SHIP_NO)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Jagan

Thank u very much

i am having SHIP_DATE date field also can u please send me qvw file that is created

i had added SHIP_DATE now plz check it

i am not getting data what u changes plz share qvw file

Thanks

sivaram

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Remove Timestamp from Date field using below script and see whether the given expressions are working

LOAD 

SHIP_MONTH,

TRANSPORT_MODE,

SHIP_YEAR,

Date(SHIP_DATE) AS SHIP_DATE,

SHIP_NO

FROM

(qvd);

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sivaram,

Please find attached file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi jagan mohan

every time i want to show three months data

i want to show if is select 1 it should show december 2013 data november 2013 october 2013 .

in ur example if is select 2 it is showing jan data

filtering show take place current month and current year

please help me in this dear urgent

Thanks

Sivaram

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

The expressions are correct, you dont have data for that months.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Based on our last discussion , here is your solution to FILL THE GAPS with zero values in YEARS/MONTHS. read the comments on the script on how I achieved this. NOTICE that in the attached file the 2013-Nov and 2013-Dec doesn't contain data, because you don't have data on those months. notice the little  0 on top of the date, this can be changed in properties->presentations->Zero on Bars  to not display it.

sc_009012015.png

Not applicable
Author

And in the case YOU don't want to show the current selected month. then use the following expression :

ie for SEA:

replace this:

=COUNT({1 <TRANSPORT_MODE={'SEA'},YEAR_MONTH_SERIAL ={'>=$(=only(YEAR_MONTH_SERIAL)-3)<=$(=only(YEAR_MONTH_SERIAL))'}>} SHIP_NO)

for this:

=COUNT({1 <TRANSPORT_MODE={'SEA'},YEAR_MONTH_SERIAL ={'>=$(=only(YEAR_MONTH_SERIAL)-3)<$(=only(YEAR_MONTH_SERIAL))'}>} SHIP_NO)

and so on for the other expressions.

Not applicable
Author

BUT JUST IN case , this is a modified version that doesn't include the current selected year/month.

sc_010012015.png