Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II

Bar Chart

Hi Friends

In my QV document have following data

DESCRIPTION ACTUAL
GROSS_PREMIUM 3,000,000
CEDED 630,000
NET_CLAIMS 1,200,000
COMM 200,000
EXPENSES 500,000
NET_PROFIT 470,000

I want to show in a single bar of bar chart with representing % of CEDED.NET_CLAIMS,COMM,EXPENSES,NET_PROFIT  as against GROSS_PREMIUM

I have written under mentioned expression for but it is not working. Kindly help me to correct it

SUM({<DESCRIPTION={CEDED_PREMIUM,NET_CLAIMS,COMM,EXPENSES,NET_PROFIT}>}ACTUAL)/SUM({TOTAL DESCRIPTION=<'GROSS_PREMIUM'>ACTUAL)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Or

Just Sum..

SUM({<DESCRIPTION = {'CEDED','NET_CLAIMS','COMM','EXPENSES','NET_PROFIT'}>}ACTUAL)

Then,

Tick the "Relative" Option in Expression Tab

And Number Tab -> Fixed to - 2 -> Tick the Show in Percent(%)

Edit:

Like the Below screen shot?

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

SUM({<DESCRIPTION = {'CEDED','NET_CLAIMS','COMM','EXPENSES','NET_PROFIT'}>}ACTUAL)

/

SUM(TOTAL {1<DESCRIPTION = {'GROSS_PREMIUM'}>}ACTUAL)

sunny_talwar

Not sure, but may be one of these

SUM({<DESCRIPTION={'CEDED_PREMIUM', 'NET_CLAIMS', 'COMM', 'EXPENSES', 'NET_PROFIT'}>} ACTUAL) /SUM({<DESCRIPTION = {'GROSS_PREMIUM'}>} ACTUAL)

or

SUM(TOTAL {<DESCRIPTION={'CEDED_PREMIUM', 'NET_CLAIMS', 'COMM', 'EXPENSES', 'NET_PROFIT'}>} ACTUAL) /SUM(TOTAL {<DESCRIPTION = {'GROSS_PREMIUM'}>} ACTUAL)

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Or

Just Sum..

Then,

Tick the "Relative" Option in Expression Tab

And Number Tab -> Fixed to - 2 -> Tick the Show in Percent(%)

Edit:

Like the Below screen shot?

Capture.JPG

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks all

But none of the options work

Only a single Bar Appears with 100% shown

sunny_talwar

I guess what I am confused about is that the values you have shown above are aggregated values or do they repeat over certain dimension or is that the only data within that table? I am having difficulty understanding the data model here. Would you be able to provide a sample or give some clarification?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Find the attached result.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You have to use DESCRIPTION as dimension of bar chart

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Your Chart is only a single bar and no % is for individually

What I want single horizontal bar representing  how GROSS PREMIUM is divided into following items

CEDED 21%   NET_CLAIM 40%  COMM 7%  EXPENSES 17% NET_PROFIT 16%
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

PFA

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!