Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
its_anandrjs

Bar To Line Change

Hi All,

Is ther any way i change the type of the Bar Chart change from Bar Chart  to Line Graph or any other types of chart. This all done in the Qlikview envireonment ny the help of any Macro or any other way please provide help for that.

Anand

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
its_anandrjs
Author

Thanks all, This post is too old post and i achieve this by many approaches few are i mention below.

1. By the use of Inline table and add the chart type

LOAD * INLINE [

Chart Type

Bar Chart

Line Chart  ];

Bar Chart or Line Chart and then use combo chart and create two expression one as Bar and second as Line

and use conditional in the chart for bar i use

=GetFieldSelections(ChartType) = 'Bar Chart'

And for line chart i use

=GetFieldSelections(ChartType) = 'Line Chart'

2. Use two charts and conditionally activate and deactivate by the use of the Layout properties.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

instead of a field with the options you can enable the fast change.

On the object properties, general tab, botton of the windows on the right, you can enable as many types as you want and choose an icon on the title or in the chart.

After you confirm, you will have a button (available to all users) to make this 'fast change'

If you really want to use it on a field, I would create many versions of the charts and make them visible or invisible according to selections. ..

Hope this helps,

Erich

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

on General tab of properties, click bar and line chart in section "fast type change" right bottom section of tab.

Then, you can change chart type in graph caption, right upper part.

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sample.JPG

See the screen shot to add the option "Fast Change" to change the chart type. Under the heading Fast Type Change choose the chart types you need to view.

kgarvind
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I have an issue where i have 3 charts selected for fast change - but when i change from Bar to Pie - at the background the bar chart stays and chart overlays on the top - if i move next to Pivot it is fine and back to bar is fine.

anything i am missing?

Not applicable

I couldn't open you qvw file as using personal edition. I have created a sample qvw. It has 2 ways to achieve toggling of charts. First by using list box & other by using fast change option.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Anand,

You remember You can use container.

The effect is the same that You want.

Regards,

Antonio

its_anandrjs
Author

Thanks all, This post is too old post and i achieve this by many approaches few are i mention below.

1. By the use of Inline table and add the chart type

LOAD * INLINE [

Chart Type

Bar Chart

Line Chart  ];

Bar Chart or Line Chart and then use combo chart and create two expression one as Bar and second as Line

and use conditional in the chart for bar i use

=GetFieldSelections(ChartType) = 'Bar Chart'

And for line chart i use

=GetFieldSelections(ChartType) = 'Line Chart'

2. Use two charts and conditionally activate and deactivate by the use of the Layout properties.