cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar chart - formatting question

Hi,

I am looking at a Bar Chart that was created by another developer.  Here's a screenshot.

QV14.jpg

I pretty much have compared every setting between my version and the one created by someone else and I don't see any

difference.  But I can't multiple years to group together like they had it.  In the above, when the app is first loaded without making any selection, the bar chart shows the last highest 3 years for Jul, Aug, Sept and etc..   The expression is coded as max(year), max(year)-1

and max(year)-2.  When I do the same on my version, it only shows one year at a time.  For example: 2016 Jul, 2016 Aug and etc.  Then when I make a selection on Year 2015, it will show 2015 Jul, 2015 Aug and etc.

What am I missing or how do you make it so it will look like the above?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finally figured out !!

This expression doesn't work

= -1 * SUM( {

<

FiscalYear={$(=max(FiscalYear)), $(=max(FiscalYear)-1)},

Location={'EAST'} 

>

}

Total

)

However this works.  It seems the bar chart needs 3 sets of years.  Can you guys confirm this with me?

Everyday is a learning day for me.

= -1 * SUM( {

<

FiscalYear={$(=max(FiscalYear)), $(=max(FiscalYear)-1), $(=max(FiscalYear)-2)},

Location={'EAST'} 

>

}

Total

)

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Meant to say "But I can't get multiple years to group together like they had it"

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Unfortunately I won't be able to as it contains company data.  Would you be able to create a quick prototype to mirror the above and perhaps walk me through the key properties or configuration??

sunny_talwar

I wish I had time to do that... but I hope someone else might be able to help you out here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also I tried to copy this bar chart over to my QVW file.  However it is not copying.  I did a "copy to clipboard - object" and on my qvw, I did a "past sheet object" but I don't see it.  Is there a trick to this?

sunny_talwar

There may be a show/hide condition for this chart. Look for a hidden chart through sheet properties and the disable any show/hide conditions on the layout tab

sunny_talwar

or you can just disable any show/hide condition before you copy and paste this chart

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this might be because the copy is not allowed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You are correct.  There was a condition in the Layout.  I changed it to "Always" and was able to copy it.  Then I replaced the original expressions with mine and the chart still shows one year at a time.  So it does not appear to be

chart settings.  I can't image is the expression either.  Can it??  My expressions are slightly different in terms of the criteria within the SUM( {1 <>} Total) and the differences are within the <> which is really the WHERE clause in SQL.