Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Batch file & windows scheduler

Hi,

Please suggest how to create a batch file to reload the dashboard automatically and also to create a windows scheduler to run the batch file every 5 seconds.

I have also small query how to refresh the dashboard in access point without using qemc / server side settings.

because getting permission from admin team to automatic schedule the reaload for dashboard in access point 5 secs is very low.

So I need an alternative way, could someone please suggest me the ways?

I am attaching the sample app. Please suggest me

18 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you put up a schedule - make sure that you schedule it using the same User Account as the one that is licensed to use the QlikView application... Or it will run as Personal Edition and probably fail...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Petter

Thanks for the suggestion

but unfortunately I am using the same user account details and QV enterprise edition too .

My concern Is not with the scheduler with the batch line to reload the dashboard

that is not happening

please suggest me in that area?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is my attached Batch file

Please look into it and suggest me if any syntactical error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

any help

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Its fine. Can you check is there any post reload trigger in your application Document Properties > Triggers > Document event triggers.

Does the document reload normally if you open it in QV desktop and click reload?

Turn on the document reload log (Document Properties | General) and then check the log to see the last statement executed by the load script, which will help you to identify the statement causing the reload to stop or freeze.

thanks,

hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
marcus_sommer

Could do you open and reloading the application manually with this user? Did you try it directly on the server or from another (local) machine?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello all

thanks for the replies, I can manually reload the dashboard in my desktop and  I am using service account QV  even if I keep /L in the batch file the dashboard is reloading but only the problem with /L is everytime the instance of QV will opens this I don't need.

I need /R i.e dashboard should reload and instances of QV should be opened only once or closed.

I am unaware of EDX and want an sample app on it, to get started.

Please help me on this regard.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure that your BAT-file is running at all? A BAT-file needs to be invoked via the cmd.exe. It can't be called upon directly.

So from the Windows Scheduler it has to look like this:

c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c c:\QlikViewApplications\test.bat

But you could drop the BAT-file if it contains only one line and invoke qv.exe directly.

marcus_sommer

You won't get everything to work with the parameter /r - qlikview runs then more like a service then as a normal application and not each mechanism is then available. A common workaround for this is using the /l parameter and to quit those thread after finishing or to switch completely to vbs which is in general more flexible. See here an example: Re: Vbs - passing parameters to opendoc or opendocex

- Marcus