Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bold formatting in table chart

I want to make some of the rows bold in my table. I started with one of the dimensions and clicked Text Format and entered my condition:

=if(LINETYPE='HEADER' or LINETYPE='SUM', '<B>')

But only the rows with LINETYPE=SUM shows in bold. I can't understand why this is.

17 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Try with wildmatch()

if(wildmatch(LINETYPE,'*HEADER*','*SUM*', '<B>')

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

I have now taken out all sensitive and unnecessary data and I have entered fictionary amounts. Sorry about the texts being in swedish. What I have tried to do is an Income Statement. I got the idea from an example here on the forum except I also wanted headers and I wanted som space in between the account groups.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

write this expression

if(wildmatch(LINETYPE,'HEADER*','SUM*'), '<B>')

it is working .

Since you made selection Aug But For Aug there is no data for Header There fore it is not showing in bold.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
maternmi
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

please find attached the your example. I modified it and it works now.

BR. Michael

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but if I select a year or a month it stops working. I have used set analysis on the other expression (showing line number) so that these rows even show at all. Is this what is causing the problem?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes it is, try

=if(Match(Only( {< YEAR=, MONTH= >} LINETYPE), 'HEADER','SUM') , '<B>')

Not applicable
Author

That works perfectly. Thank you so much.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You're welcome...