Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button for toggling selection

Hi everybody.

I have a QV application with various fields and charts on a sheet.

One of the fields is a date-field (say DATE1) and it contents many records.

Another field (say DATE2) is a date-field too, but it contents only one record (value).

I'd like to add a toggle button to the sheet, which toggles filtering for field DATE1.

Position 1 - button label "ALL", no filter for DATE1

Position 2 - button label "LIMIT", filter for DATE1 <= DATE2

How can I do this ?

Thanx in advance.

Duski

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Sure. Like in the below screen shot create a button called 'All' then go to Actions and select 'Add' and choose 'Clear All' option from the right

Test1.png

Now for the other button, similarly choose 'select in field' and enter the following values in the respective boxes where Date1 is the field with multiple dates and Date2 is the one with just one value.

Test2.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I will create 2 buttons that sets a variable called say vButton. The button sets it to 1 and the other button to 0.

You can use show hide on the buttons and overlay them so that you don't know its 2 separate buttons.

I will then in my graph say if(vButton = 1 then do this, do that).

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Marius

Not applicable
Author

Attached with answer. Please take a look at the actions on the buttons.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer Ajay, but I'm a new user of QV working with personal edition and I have no possibility to open foreign applications 😞

Can you explain yor suggestion another way ?

Thanx in advance.

Duski

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Like in the below screen shot create a button called 'All' then go to Actions and select 'Add' and choose 'Clear All' option from the right

Test1.png

Now for the other button, similarly choose 'select in field' and enter the following values in the respective boxes where Date1 is the field with multiple dates and Date2 is the one with just one value.

Test2.png

Not applicable
Author

Just an FYI - even with personal edition you can open up to four external qvws

Not applicable
Author

Yesss !!!

Thank you Ajay !

Duski