Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1508
Contributor
Contributor

Calculate distinct count by group

Hello all,

I have a table in which I have multiple records for the same Commodity with different status. I would like to write an expression in which I want to count number of Commodities with 'InProgress' status. The record should get counted only if the status is not Completed for the same commodity. There may be additional records for the same Commodity with another Status (Void) but I don't have to account for that.

For below table, the count of Commodities of InProgress is 2.

Commodities Sub Commodity Status
Comm1 SC1 Void
Comm1 SC2 InProgress
Comm1 SC3 InProgress
Comm2 SC1 Void
Comm2 SC2 Complete
Comm3 SC1 Complete
Comm3 SC2 InProgress
Comm4 SC1 InProgress

Comm1 doesn't have Complete Status so it should get counted as 1 for InProgress

Comm2 doesn't have InProgress status so it won't get counted.

Comm3 has Complete and InProgress both so we don't need to count as it is already Completed

Comm4 has InProgress so we need to count it as 1 So, total InProgress Status count for the below table is 2.

Hope this example helps  and this is the expression which I came up -

=Count({<Region=>} Aggr(If( Status = 'InProgress' and Status <> 'Complete' , Status), Commodities, Commodities)) 

I also want Region filter not to get applied but that is also not working.

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try

Count({<Region=,Commodities=E({<Status= {'Complete'}>} Commodities)*P({<Status= {'InProgress'}>} Commodities)>} distinct Commodities)

The E()-function returns values of "Commodities" that don't have status 'Complete'.

The P()-function returns values of "Commodities" that have status 'InProgress'.

Blalock69
Contributor
Contributor

@hic wrote: myccpay

Try

Count({<Region=,Commodities=E({<Status= {'Complete'}>} Commodities)*P({<Status= {'InProgress'}>} Commodities)>} distinct Commodities)

The E()-function returns values of "Commodities" that don't have status 'Complete'.

The P()-function returns values of "Commodities" that have status 'InProgress'.

Thank you for the reply, My query has been solved.