cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III

Calculate today and yesterday total of sales

Hy guys , I have a problem. I`m trying to calculate the total value of sales for the last day in table and total value of sales for the previous day.

For the last day I`ve calculated this way :

=sum({<DATE={'$(=max(DATE))'}>} Sales)

And for the previous day I`ve wrote :

=sum({<DATE={'$(=Date(max(DATE)-1)))'}>} Sales)

For the first expression I have a result but for the second expression it return 0 , even tough I have info in my database. Where is the problem?

Thank you

27 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And remember that the field named Date is not the same as the field named DATE.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Somehow it still doesn`t work , but all the solutions presented above , brings the previous day but the sum still returns 0. Maybe I`m missing something , I will need to pay a little more attention to the syntax. Thank you all for your help.

sunny_talwar

So, this isn't working?

=Sum({<DATE={"$(=Date(max(DATE)-1), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} Sales)

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nope , doesn`t work. Should I convert and the first DATE field? How can I do that. What I can`t understand is why my expression for max(DATE) is working but the max(DATE)-1 isn`t.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a small sample where you can demonstrate what is going on?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

See if the below works for you:

LastDayAndPreviousDay_Totals.jpg

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Unfortunatly it still doesn`t work. I don`t know what else to do. I have attached my qvw example and both xls files. Hope one of you can help me.

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

I think this is part of the issue

Capture.PNG

You don't have data from one day ago, you are trying to go one month back. If this is right, then try this:

Sum({<DATE={"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(DATE), -1)))"}>} SALES)

Make sure to use SALES instead of Sales

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: Also make sure to use Date() function in the script so that you don't have to use it on the front end of the application

if QvdCreateTime('SALES.qvd') then

SalesToday:

LOAD Date(DATE) as DATE,

ID_TYPE,

ID,

SALES

FROM [SALES.qvd] (qvd);

ELSE

SalesToday:

LOAD Date(DATE) as DATE

ID_TYPE,

ID,

SALES

FROM

[SALES.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes , this works , yeeeeey. Thanks a lot . In my app I upload data from DB in which I have Date Column , so there is no need to cast to date. But thanks for the hint. Can you please look at the other Discussion that I started ? The link is bellow : Pivot Table suppress null values . Maybe you have an idea on this too.

Thanks again

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello , me again. I have an issue. When I want to calculate sum for previous day I would like to jump over weekends. So if today is Monday , I would like to set previous day as Friday. Is this possible?

Thank.