Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated dimension of time ranges on x-axis

I have a table like shown below

Time DurationId's
00:45A
00:35A
01:10B
01:16B

I wanted to plot a graph with Time Duration on X-axis and Count(Id's) on Y-axis (as expression). But on X-axis i wanted time duration as time range, i.e. 0 < x < 1 and 1 < x < 2 (count of id's with time duration between 0 and 1 hour; and 1 and 2 hours).

I used class function to group time duration like, Class([Time Duration], Time#(1,'HH')). It worked, but the problem is with the visualization. The X-axis scale is showing like 0 < x < 0.0034 and 0.004 < x < 0.0063 (some decimal number, i just wanted to indicate the how it is being show). How to make Class function understand that it is time that i am trying to display.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

with some more Buckets:

QlikCommunity_Thread_134062_Pic3.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_134062_Pic2.JPG.jpg

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use Calculated Dimension in chart.

=if(Left(TIME,2)>=0 and Left(TIME,2)<1,'0<X<1',
if(Left(TIME,2)>=1 and Left(TIME,2)<2,'1<X<2',
if(Left(TIME,2)>=2 and Left(TIME,2)<3,'2<X<3')))

You need to write Conditional Statement for 0-23 hrs( I have shown just 3)

$1B7F2B548FB03095.bmp

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kuntal

Thank you for your quick response. This is a good idea. This works in the limits are known (for example, 24 hours in a day). But this field being duration/interval it can go beyond 24 hours. How can i handle this case.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You can use something like this for the dimension:

=Interval(Class([Time Duration], 1/24), 'HH')

or

=(Class([Time Duration], 1/24)) * 24

The class() function returns a dual with a value equal to the upper or lower limit of the range.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

You can use following Expression

=Num(Left(TIME,2))&'<x<'&(Left(TIME,2)+1)

I think it will solve thepurpose.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for your response. Is it possible to show it like '00:00 < x < 01:00'; '01:00 < x < 02:00'; so on.... This clearly explains to the viewer that the values are for Time Duration between 0 and 1 hour and so on. Just showing bars at  00:00; 01:00;02:00 and so on...is not making the intention very obvious.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kuntal

I tried your suggestion and it is closer to what i want but not there yet. Here is how it looked. ForQlik.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Can u pls send me a rough snapshot of data.

as I am getting the correct output. $4A3A6BCB05BB3D6D.bmp

Not applicable
Author

That data is too big, for a rough snapshot it looks something like the table i had in my first message. With the same data when i tried Jonathan's suggestion it looked liked belowForQlik1.JPG.jpg

First bar says values between 00:00 and 00:01 hours and so on....

MarcoWedel

Hi,

QlikCommunity_Thread_134062_Pic1.JPG.jpg

you might use

=Dual(

Interval(SubField(Class([Time Duration], 1/24),'<= x <',1),'hh:mm')&' - '&

Interval(SubField(Class([Time Duration], 1/24),'<= x <',2),'hh:mm'),

Class([Time Duration], 1/24)

)

as calculated dimension.

hope this helps

regards

Marco