Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III

Calculated fields as filters/selections

If I have two fields regarding orders - one called Plastic Orders, one called vinyl Orders.  I do want to keep them separate most of the time, however when I want to select all orders, how do I do this with?

so the data comes in like this:

PO     VO

2     10

3     12

6     15

but I want to be able to click on a button??? that would enable someone to select Orders and total orders or PO and VO woulld show.

Is a button the only way to do this?

Thank you

jo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

From what I understand you want to show Sum(PO) and Sum(VO) alternatively. This could be done in a bunch of ways:

1) you can have a single expression which says =If(vOrders = 0, Sum(PO), Sum(VO)) and your button will have a action of setting the variable vOrders with a value =If(vOrders = 0, 1, 0)

2) Alternatively, you can create two expressions, Sum(PO) and Sum (VO) and make them conditional by saying if vOrders = 0 for Sum (PO) and vOrders = 1 for Sum(VO)...

HTH

Best,

S

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please Jo add more details, where do you see orders separately (which object ) and where do you need to see all the orders?

Add more info.

Monday morning I''answer

sunny_talwar

From what I understand you want to show Sum(PO) and Sum(VO) alternatively. This could be done in a bunch of ways:

1) you can have a single expression which says =If(vOrders = 0, Sum(PO), Sum(VO)) and your button will have a action of setting the variable vOrders with a value =If(vOrders = 0, 1, 0)

2) Alternatively, you can create two expressions, Sum(PO) and Sum (VO) and make them conditional by saying if vOrders = 0 for Sum (PO) and vOrders = 1 for Sum(VO)...

HTH

Best,

S

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Capture.PNG

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you I will try the suggestion now.

Jo

sunny_talwar

I am not sure if this is what you are looking to do, but PFA a qvw file and see if this is what you want.

Best,

S

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Sunindia - and here is the solution I worked out using a text object.

Jo