Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I create an Excel file that exports out to a folder in the Qlikview script?

I couln't find any information on creating an excel file and exporting that file to a specific folder monthly. Can some send me the sntax that is used to do this, I'm assuming this is a popular demand but again I couldn't find anything on the community.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Test:

load

[cs] as 1

as 2

[tet] as 3

Resident Test;;

STORE export into

(
txt, delimiter is ',');

drop Table export

This will only work in server mode.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
avinashelite

look's like one more interview Question.

table_name:

load

a,

b

from table

STORE table_name into Path_name\file_name.xls(txt)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can right click any object and a list of options will display including "Send to Excel" which you can then save to where you wish.  The "Export" is also useful for save to other file formats.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can schedule an export action on post reload event with specified field

advantage over above 2 solutions

1. with store command you can only store 1 tables data if you want to show data from multiple tables you will have to join them and then store it in excel

2. with right click export you need manual intervention and you need to have object created in your UI as per requirements

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How would I schedule an export action on post reload event on specified fileds, using the sore command?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in qvw file

Settings>doc propertis>triggers>doc evnt trigger> add action>add>external>Export>

Click ok

and then click Setup> add your required fields from the documnet(like u do in table box)

do all the other setup configuration and say ok

save document

and take a reload

you will get your data  at the destination you have provided

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response. I followed the following steps but I'm not seeing a file when I reload. Any thoguhts, do I need to add anything in the script?

Settings>doc propertis>triggers>doc evnt trigger> add action>ONPOSTRELOAD>add>external>Export>

Click ok

and then click Setup> add your required fields from the documnet(like u do in table box)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

bhagirath.shingote‌ suggested the below but it's not working, any other suggestions? Or reasons to why the below is not working to export a file in a specified folder?

in qvw file

Settings>doc propertis>triggers>doc evnt trigger> add action>add>external>Export>

Click ok

save document

and take a reload

you will get your data  at the destination you have provided

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try this,

1.create ur script and strore that file into xls by using store command

2.schedule ur app at month end,tht will load automatically every month end into corresponding folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi John can you share sample qvw file ?