Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I run the STORE command on qlikview server

Good Afternoon,

I am very new to QlikView and I have been using it to extract data from a database via ODBC.  I have been using the STORE command to produce a table in csv format that is produced when a reload my data.

However, when I schedule the script to reload on qlikview server, my script fails.

Is there any advice anyone can give me as to what I might be doing wrong?

This is my script

STAFFEXPORT:
LOAD Forename, Surname, GeogRestriction, Status, StartDate, UniqueID, RegisteredDate, Reference, PositionCode, JobCode001, JobDescription, EndDate, CreationDate
WHERE Status = 'PERM';
SQL SELECT * FROM ENIDTAB0009;

STORE STAFFEXPORT INTO '\\MSIFP01\Secure Data\Accounts (New)\Management Information (Analysis)\Phil Hanmore - Analysis\QlikView\QlikViewExports\tblStaffExport.csv' (txt);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It sounds more like an issue with the access rights within the file-system. The user who runs the qlikview server services has quite probably different access rights within your network as you. In this case you would need to adjust the access rights or changing your path.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Your expression seems correct to me

Try this

STORE STAFFEXPORT INTO '..\..\MSIFP01\Secure Data\Accounts (New)\Management Information (Analysis)\Phil Hanmore - Analysis\QlikView\QlikViewExports\tblStaffExport.csv' (txt);

Does your path is correct. Can you please share the screen shot where do you copy this path

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Phil,

Syntax: 

Store[ *fieldlist from] table into filename [ format-spec ];

in your case,

STORE STAFFEXPORT INTO \\MSIFP01\Secure Data\Accounts (New)\Management Information (Analysis)\Phil Hanmore - Analysis\QlikView\QlikViewExports\tblStaffExport.qvd (QVD);

Regatds,

Dev

Digvijay_Singh

What error it gives, can you please share.

marcus_sommer

It sounds more like an issue with the access rights within the file-system. The user who runs the qlikview server services has quite probably different access rights within your network as you. In this case you would need to adjust the access rights or changing your path.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for your input.

It was a read/write issue.  Once I changed the network location to a that was writable the script ran fine.

Thank you for your help.