Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can QlikView PE and QlikSense desktop installed in same machine safely ?

can QlikView and Qlik sense be installed in same machine ? I have installed both in my laptop. It is working fine. However when I have started working on Qlik Sense and created App (.qvf), I am unable to open the old QlikView document. It says failed to open the Document. Expert advice is very much required.

6 Replies
nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II

Yes Both works fine, I am using both products in my laptop from more than 2 years. Never faced any issues. Please check your old document is it created by you in the same machine.
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, they can be installed on the same PC. But Qlikview cannot open the QlikSense qvf file, if that is what you mean (and vice versa). You will also not be able to load an old QVW document created on another machine unless you have some recovery attempts left.
Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Bimala,

Yes, we can run the both software's ( QlikView PE & Qlik Sense Desktop)in same machine.

It says failed to open the Document:- Normally this error will arrive when ever we tried to open the .qvw file which are not created by us (If we are using QV Personal edition i.e non-licensed version)

if you have QV license version software then .qvw file will open automatically in QlikView

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes. I am working on QlikView Personal EDition only. The QVW was earlier working fine. But strangely it is failed to open after Qliksense installed and some qvf created by me. However some of the file, I am able to open. Pbly the PE problem. 

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Is it Personal Edition or Licensed?

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Personal Edition