Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

Capture text in a sheet object formatted like a table or Excel worksheet?

I would like to copy a table from a Word document into a QV sheet which will be included in a template for creating new QV apps. During the development process, a Designer or Developer will need to update the information in the table. I haven't had any success inserting it as a custom object; and, when I copy/past the table into a text object I lose the table formatting.

Any suggestions on how to insert an interactive object -- formatted as a table -- into a sheet for capturing and updating text information -- would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Ellen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

From what I gather, you're talking about a document change/versioning control table, is that right?

That being the case, just create it as an inline table in the script, and create a straight table. in the document. The devs. can add new lines to the inline declaration, and you'll keep your table formatting.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

From what I gather, you're talking about a document change/versioning control table, is that right?

That being the case, just create it as an inline table in the script, and create a straight table. in the document. The devs. can add new lines to the inline declaration, and you'll keep your table formatting.

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Ryan. I implemented your suggestion. It would be great if a non-script related (e.g., copy/paste) solution was available, but this certainly meets my requirement.

I'm uploading my example.

Ellen