Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change default script settings

Hi,

does anyone know how can I change the default script settings or number interpretation variables ?

SET ThousandSep='.';
SET DecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyThousandSep='.';
SET MoneyDecimalSep=',';
SET MoneyFormat='€ #.##0,00;-€ #.##0,00';
SET TimeFormat='h.mm.ss';
SET DateFormat='DD/MM/YYYY';
SET TimestampFormat='DD/MM/YYYY h.mm.ss[.fff]';
SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';
SET DayNames='Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat;Sun';

what I want is to add some new default variables into every new qlikview file I create.

I actually use 'em for file path settings.

Thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all guys !

all I wanted was to add (by default) other settings like

SET Directory_data=\\srvqlik\CUBE\Qlik\New_Models\Data; /// $(Directory_data) ///
SET Directory_today=\\Srvqlik\CUBE\Qlik\New_Models\Data\Daily\BI\today; /// $(Directory_today) /// ...

the way I can easily add path tables using variables...

server pathfiles are very long to put down in words...

load
from $(Directory_today)\filename.qvd (qvd);

...instead of... from \\Srvqlik\CUBE\Qlik\New_Models\Data\Daily\BI\today\filename.qvd (qvd);

I think this could do the trick !!!

$(Include=myDefaults.txt);

View solution in original post

7 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can change them by just editing them. They're just script statements, like any others you write.

I searched for decimalsep in the help text to find a list of system variables you can set:

CD, DateFormat, DayNames, DecimalSep, ErrorMode, FLOPPY, MoneyDecimalSep, MoneyFormat, MoneyThousandSep, MonthNames, QVPath, QVRoot, QVWorkPath, QVWorkRoot, ScriptError, (ScriptErrorDetails - only if error), ScriptErrorCount, ThousandSep, TimeFormat, TimeStampFormat, WinPath, WinRoot.

For the file path, we routinely use a DIRECTORY statement, but that's not a set command. You can also create your own script variables for use elsewhere in the script.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

russianblue wrote:what I want is to add some new default variables into every new qlikview file I create

You might look at using the Include statement to pull in your standard vars.

-Rob

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Ah, I see now that I misunderstood the question. You'd THINK that this would be under User Preferences somewhere, but I don't see it. Surely it's somewhere? If not, yeah, something like $(Include=myDefaults.txt); should do the trick.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

They are not in QV user settings. QlikView reads them from Windows user settings. Most if them, if not all, can be found in Control Panel -> Regional Options, and changed there.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all guys !

all I wanted was to add (by default) other settings like

SET Directory_data=\\srvqlik\CUBE\Qlik\New_Models\Data; /// $(Directory_data) ///
SET Directory_today=\\Srvqlik\CUBE\Qlik\New_Models\Data\Daily\BI\today; /// $(Directory_today) /// ...

the way I can easily add path tables using variables...

server pathfiles are very long to put down in words...

load
from $(Directory_today)\filename.qvd (qvd);

...instead of... from \\Srvqlik\CUBE\Qlik\New_Models\Data\Daily\BI\today\filename.qvd (qvd);

I think this could do the trick !!!

$(Include=myDefaults.txt);

Rich-HHE
Contributor III
Contributor III

THANK YOU! The default date not being in ISO has been annoying me. This is how to fix it!

juliuscooper
Contributor
Contributor

I've been researching this issue off and on for the last six months or more.  It seems that if you're using Qlik SaaS (aka Qlik Cloud), you can set global default values, but if you're on client-managed, your choices are to either set the values you want (i.e., change existing values or create new ones) or use an $(include) statement to grab an external file.  But, we're trying to make things easier for our developers, and don't want to force them to do either of these methods; we just want to be able to configure a site-wide list of values that we auto-populate into each new app.

The search continues...unless someone out there can prove me wrong?  

Cheers,
Julius