Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing color for each value in a dimension

Hello everyone,

I have to color a simple table with two colors. Every time that a value in a dimension change the color must be  changed

like this:

Capture.JPG,

Does someone have an idea?

Thank you in advance,

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have a look here: Colors in charts

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could try something like this for the background color expression for the dimensions and expressions:

if(aggr(NODISTINCT Mod(RowNo(),2),Reference)>0,color(1),color(2))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi thank you for your answer but it seems like the aggr is not well calculated with big selection. When I have a selection of hundreds references I have some errors like bellow

Capture.JPG

if I select few references, it's working well:

Capture2.JPG

The formula for the color is : =if(aggr(NODISTINCT Mod(RowNo(),2),U_DU_ID)>0,rgb(168,168,255),white())

Do you have an idea on this?

Thanks a lot,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The aggr function sorts by load order. Your table is sorted numerically descending. It's possible that this causes the mismatches. You could try to create a temporary table in the script that loads the U_DU_ID values in numerical order. create that table before you load the 'real' data. That way the aggr function will use that ordering.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

With the newest releases it would be possible to sort an aggr: The sortable Aggr function is finally here!

- Marcus