Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Properties Number Dialog Tab Clipped

Qlikview:

I cannot see the entire dialog for formatting numbers in charts and tables as shown in the picture below.  This is quite problematic as I need to format a chart to show GBP instead of USD.

dialog_clipped.png

Please tell me what I should do to correct this problem.  Is there an update to download?

13 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe it's related to this topic: Fix the QlikView chart properties dialog The Qlik Fix!

- Marcus

jrg
Employee
Employee

That's mighty interesting, Marcus, thank you.

I have to keep my QV installation as default as I can for training purposes, so I certainly haven't been hacking away at my .dll files to cause it, but it is certainly nice to know about that .dll and what can be done.

It may well be some clash with what is going on with those settings in there, too.

If only I could get away with doing that - but I need QV to look as standard as possible for the videos I record.

Worth testing out after backing up the .dll though, for sure.

Quite why QV would circumstantially apply 125% scaling to those UI elements of that specific tab in that specific dialog (for just a handful of machines) I would love to know.

marcus_sommer

Yes, in this case you shouldn't easily hack the system or make any kinds of customizing. I could imagine that there is a certain combination from hardware (graphic cards) and system settings. Maybe onboard-graphic and graphic card and their drivers and/or screen-resolutions respectively the windows-magnification (the size from icon, menu and so on), cleartype-settings and similar are conflicting with eachother.

Maybe you could start your machine within the secured mode from windows without loading nearly everything so that the system used some very basic graphic driver with such resolutions like 480*600 or 600*800 - just to check if some reasons could found or excluded.

- Marcus

jrg
Employee
Employee

Well, I fixed it myself.

With assistance from your previous linked info.

I cannot in any way condone what I did, but resource 155:1033 in the .dll is incorrect as far as my system is concerned.

The font used for the number group component is "MS Shell Serif".

Checking other similar resources, I noted they used "MS Shell Dlg", FW_Normal, False, 1.

So I just pasted over what looked about right and voila, it has fixed the issue.

Only took 3yrs!

Thanks to your link there, Marcus.

The hacker in me couldn't resist having a go myself at that one.