Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Navars
Creator
Creator

Charts sort order based on selection

Hi All,

I have a list box called Group name, it has 10 groups and in the report I have 10 charts.

when ever user make first selection(user will choose the group randomly) first chart should enable, for second selection second chart should enable etc..

I am able to do that, but problem here is Charts are changing based on selections, means if the user selected Group1 chart1 should enable and if the user selects Group2 it suppose to enable the chart2 but in my case its group2 selection is going to chart1 and group1 selection is coming to chart2 automatically.

Thanks,

Sra1..

8 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

May be you have wrongly applied trigger condition.

What is the conditional statement? Please share

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's how Qlik is designed to work. Selections are applied to all objects on all sheets (unless explicitly overridden in a set expression). It is possible to do what you want but certainly not simple.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Yes, correct.

Couldn't get the exact problem previously!

Navars
Creator
Creator
Author

I am using the below condition to enable the chart

=if(isnull(subfield(GetFieldSelections(Group_Name, '|',1000), '|', 1)) and isnull(subfield(GetFieldSelections(lte.kpi_name_charts, '|',1000), '|', 1)),0,1)

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Let me know if I got your issue wrong, When you select the group value for chart 1 , selections are also impacting CHart2?

Navars
Creator
Creator
Author

No data impacting, only charts are interchanging.

for eg. user selected group1 that time chart1 needs to enable and that is happing fine,

when user selects group3 (this is second selection in group list box, user will chose the group randomly) in this case chart2 will enable, it is also working fine.

what is happening here is when user make second/third  selections the charts are interchanging means first chart data coming to second chart, second chart data displaying in first chart.

my requirement here is that charts are fixed for the selections, means if user make first selection first chart should enable, for second selection second chart should enable, for third selectin third chart should enable etc..

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sravan, check the chart Object ID on the charts, is it the same ID across all of them, I am attaching a screenshot, so you know exactly what I mean here.  If the ID is the same for all of them, I think that is likely why things are behaving as they are. The problem is I cannot remember how to do this in the first place in order to tell you how to undo it! 🙂

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other things that came to mind here are Alternate States and potentially the Detached options:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Alternate%20Sta...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Detach_Chart.ht...

If you got things sorted, please consider leaving update with what the issue was and what you did, so everyone will know what you did here, you can mark that post as the solution as well...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.