Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaimeeduardo_gc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Combined Graph - 2 Dimensions and 2 Metrics

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make a combined graphic in QV,

My idea is to have 2 dimensions: year and category and 2 metrics: the sale (primary axis, bar, in pesos) and the sales margin (secondary axis, line, percentage). This to be able to compare the annual sale and margin of the categories (Years and categories are selected)

All good in my graphic when I have a single dimension, I correctly graph the sale and the margin, but when I add the second dimension, something strange happens, even though my secondary axis scale (Sales margin) goes from 0 to 100% The line graph appears badly graphed and very close to the x axis, although the percentages are 50 or 80%.

Example:

Graph with one dimension (category):

Ejemplo1.PNG

Graph when adding the second dimension (year):

Ejemplo 2.PNG

What I need:

CapturaEjemplo3.PNG

Does anyone know why this could be happening and how could it be solved?

I would greatly appreciate someone to help me.

Thank you!

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have put in category dimension first and then the year as the second dimension.

You will have to put in year first and then the category.... or just reorder them by moving year up by selecting year and pressing the promote button in the dimension tab.

jaimeeduardo_gc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Peter, I tried but it doesn't work yet

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you could make a small sample app it would be very helpful for us to find a solution for you.

jaimeeduardo_gc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Petter,

Here is my small sample.

I really appreciate your support.