Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combining accumulation and ratio in a straight table

Hey hi guys,

I'm hoping in for some free knowledge 🙂

This time, I'm trying to do the simplest thing... a ratio of sales on budget... accumulated over time... in a straight table. Pretty straight forward concept, only Qlikview acts a little weird here...

See for yourself...

error loading image

The column I'm trying to fix is the COLUMN 6 which is supposed to display the simple ratio of Column 4 / Column 5.

The trick is that Column 4 (sales) & Column 5 (budget) need to be accumulated over months (since the beginning of the current fiscal year.

The actual expression I use is a simple "Column(4) / Column(5)", but even though the option Full Accumulation is ON for both Column 4 & 5, the results of Column 6 doesn't take into account the accumulation, which renders it useless (it displays the exact same thing as Column 3).

Now, then I tried using a rangesum(above()) type expression instead of the Full Accumulation option (the numbers from the screenshot are from this one). Still no avail...

I want to keep to the analysis dynamics open, so pre-aggregation is out of the questions...

Any ideas guys?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicolas,

view attached file.

Alex

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicolas,

view attached file.

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hmm.

That's the kind of answer I like, quick and simple Yes

But I should I thought of that heh... anyway. Thanks for the quick reply, appreciated it.